Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

There's no better way to acknowledge this day of LOVE than to share another note written by my Dad. This note was sent to his baby daughter, my lovely sister, Donna.

My dear baby valentine,

Just thinking of all the good things that I'm blessed with and of course you popped right out at me. I thought of how I love that girl and said "why not let her know". I know that we say that when we say good-bye or at the end of a telephone chat, but I want you to know that I love you truely from my heart. I'm so glad and thankful that you came to bless our home if only for a moment.

Love always,
Daddy

Donna, too, has fond memories of how our Dad recognized us on Valentine's Day. Too often we look at this day as one for lovers, often forgetting that love extends to many different people. And all these people need to be reminded of how special they are to us and how much we love them. This note from Daddy melted Donna's heart, just as mine had done to me. These words and what they mean are more valuable than any store-bought gift. Such a simple, inexpensive gesture, yet one to last a lifetime.

Just as Donna and I are thrilled with our notes of affirmation, we want to pass the same good feeling on to others. We love our family. Each of you hold a special place in our hearts. I couldn't ask for three children I'd rather have than the ones who belong to me. I have the best sister in the world and I wouldn't trade her for anything. I'm thankful that my parents are close by and always there for us. I cherish the nine grandchildren that have brought such joy and laughter into my life. Cheryl and Patty are the best friends anyone could have the privilege of having.

I'm proud to be Robin's wife even though he can be one gigantic stinker sometimes. I'm sure he can say the same about me. There's an innocent, playful boy inside of him that can be as endearing as it can be in need of a good time-out. I love you, Babe, and appreciate your willingness to accept me and all my imperfections.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you BB, Happy Valentine's Day

You too Randee, Angela, Ron and Donna!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweet sister of mine for posting that sweet note from Daddy to me.

We all are so blessed to have the loved ones we have in our lives.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too Cheryl, Ron, Angela, Randee,Peggy, Deborah (DiamondDeb) and Patty!

Peggy said...

See how the love abounds?! I love you all!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

Anonymous said...

I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Cristal,

Happy valentine's day a day late!