Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Deb!





Guest Blogger: Donna

I want to wish my oldest and very special friend Deborah Ann Bowen Jones a happy birthday today! Deb and I go way back to the 3rd grade at T J Lee Elementary School in Irving, TX. We would spend lots of time at each other's homes. She'd start walking from her house and I'd walk from mine. We'd meet in the middle and walk the rest of the way together. I remember we'd see each other and just start running with our arms out for a sweet embrace. That, of course, was before labels were attached to same sex friends who did something like that.

We were so excited to spend time together. I would go with Deb's family to Galveston during the summers. They had a cabin on Boliver. We'd take the ferry in their car to Boliver for a great time with her family. Uncle Doodles was a character. So was Deb's grandmother. What a true lady. Deb has alot of Mammaw's neat qualities. Sophisticated describes them both.

Deb always had access to the coolest cars....first the baby blue cadillac of her parents. She would take all her friends cruising around Chubby's in Irving. That was the hot spot at the time. She ended up getting a Camero and later a Malibu. I remember all her cool cars. She also always had the latest albums (music, not pictures, for you youngins).

Deb and I became my sister Peggy's first guinea pigs. Peggy would write short stories and poems and when Deb and I were at my house, Peggy would bring them to my room for us to read. They were good even back then. Deb, just think, we knew her when....

Deb had only one man in her life (that I know of anyway) who was truely the man for her. I really never heard her mention any other man with the same affection as she did Larry. I'm so glad they found their way back to each other. I see how happy she is.

We don't see each other as often as we'd like, but we are just a phone call or e-mail away. I want Deborah Ann to know how much I cherish our friendship. Love you friend!

Donna

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Happy birthday, DiamondDeb! How happy I am that you are back in my life. I love spending time with you and your wit, laughter, and interest in all of us. You are a dear friend and not only Donna is fortunate enough to call you that. Love you, Deb!

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Next week when we all meet for dinner, I get to buy you a birthday meal.

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Now that I have finished crying that was the sweetest blog Donna. I'm so glad we have remained good friends. You and Peggy mean the most to me. Can't wait till next week. Thanks and love you alot.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Deb! I'll see you next week when we get together for dinner!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb

Wish I could celebrate with you too, but I am glad I got to "semi" celebrate with a great evening getting to meet and know you better. You are a lot of fun to be with and I can see why Donna and Peggy think the world of you.
Have a great Birthday.....