Tuesday, March 04, 2008

We Voted!

Robin and I did our civic duty today and voted in the Texas Primary. I finished my ballot first and peered over Robin's shoulder to discover he voted for a different presidential candidate than I did. That's fine, we still voted in the same political party. We should get the results tonight on the evening news and I'm sure Robin will rub it in that his candidate won.

I am not happy with any of the candidates this time around. There is no one who really stands out as the one I'd like to see lead our country. So, as is usually the case, I vote for the lesser of the evils. At least the Senate and the House are always there to make sure the president doesn't completely shoo in his own agenda. For that very reason, I don't put that much stock in campaign promises.

But, I am a good citizen and I voted. Come what may.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Girl!

When it was super Tuesday I forgot I lived in OK. Wasn't keeping up with when OK voted. Therefore, I didn't vote. Neither did James.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

We did our duty this year-first time for me to vote in anything. That's either pathetic or at least admirable that I did it. Not sure which.
The one candidate Mark and I both loved really isn't in the running to be the party nominee. I do not like anyone left! I guess that's the way it goes!

Anonymous said...

I did go to the polls with Sid, but couldn't vote as I am not affilated with any particular party per this dumb state (another reason I hate it here) I did vote though for an ammendment! Sid always tells me what a privilege it is to vote in fair elections here. I think a lot of people take it for granted.

Anonymous said...

I didn't vote and it's my own stupid/lazy fault. I still haven't changed my name or address which means I live in a different county so I wasn't eligible to vote. But I agree with you, I don't particularly like any of the candidate's politics. So come election time in November I will be voting for the lesser of the evils, again as you put it. And yes, I will have changed everything by then....my lisence expires Thursday so I HAVE to do it!!

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see Hillary did better this week. I'm not a supporter, except I'd rather her win the primary.