Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ride 'em Cowgirl!






We spent the day at the "dude" ranch of James and Donna. Baylee was absolutely in heaven. REAL horses to ride and dogs to pet. Life doesn't get any better than that for Baylee.

Besides Allison and her family, my parents were there for the fun and food. Mother made homemade Italian bread and a chocolate cake. Both very yummy. And my Sissy! She out-did herself on two lasagnas. One was with meat and the other one was my favorite, a vegetarian with bell peppers, squash, zuchinni, mushrooms, onions, and cream cheese. It was so good and I insisted on getting the recipe. I really believe her claims of being a bad cook are just her way of getting out of entertaining us on a regular basis. We ate very well while enjoying her beautiful home. Excellent job, Sissy!

The highlight, of course, was Baylee getting to meet Preacher and Sammy. I had no idea that horses knew their names and responded when calling them. I guess I'm not too old to learn. Baylee met them with gentle words and pats. She has no fear of those guys who are so much bigger than she is. They are just there for her to love. She enjoyed riding them as Uncle James led her around the corral. Even Memaw got her old body upon Sammy and tried to direct him. He has reverse, and I don't know what I did with the reins that made him do it. There needs to be a gear pattern on the saddle for city girls. Thank you, Sammy, for being gentle with me.

Dig the smile on Baylee's face. I think if she lived closer to her great-uncle James and great-aunt Donna she would star in rodeos before long. Thank you, James, for making our little girl so happy. And, Sissy, you are no longer off the hook. We will expect dinner invitations regularly!

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Who might kalar be? No clicking on links until you identify yourself.

angela | the painted house said...

Mom, it is an automative thing. Just delete.

Donna, you better post your fabulous lunch on Dinner's Ready! Just when you have us a Taco Soup you give us a veggie-filled lasagna. Can't wait to see you this week!

Good to see you on top of a horse, Mom!

Anonymous said...

Baylee looks so little on that big thing. But that big smile of hers is too cute! She was in pure Heaven!

Anonymous said...

That'll learn me!

So glad you all came. You failed to mention that you brought oatmeal raisen cookies that everybody loved! Even James who LATES raisens! He claims there were none in his cookies.

Baylee reminds me so much of her mother. So easy to love and be around. You too Angela!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

That means so much, Donna. Sometimes she seems so hard to understand, as far as her feelings are concerned. She is so complicated, just like a woman.

Thank you so much donna for hosting such a special day for my baylee.