Sunday, March 23, 2008

10 Years and Counting

Robin and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary next week. He informed me days ago that he knows how I will be celebrating. I heard those words before when he planned our wedding, even the day we would be married, and didn't tell me until the last possible minute. I was only told how long we'd be gone and what the climate would be like so I could pack accordingly.

Since the 10th year is somewhat of a milestone, Robin is planning another surprise. A special dinner? A movie? A trip? He's not saying. When he asks if I'd like to know, he responds with "I'm not telling you yet". So, I've learned to answer no, and let it be a surprise.

With the awful year we've had in business, I'm sure we aren't returning to the scene of the crime, meaning Las Vegas and the wedding chapel in the Riviera Hotel. I'm sure we will have a great time no matter how or where we celebrate.

The traditional gift for the 10th anniversary is tin or aluminum. That really doesn't sound that romantic to me since we're both in the metal business. The modern gift is diamond jewelry. Now, we're talkin'! But we decided to be neither traditional nor modern and opted for leather instead. Nothing kinky, folks. Robin is styling in a new brown leather jacket, and I am the picture of purity in my short, white leather jacket. Naturally, I'm hoping for a few more days of winter before spring springs forth.

The mystery remains: what does Robin have up his sleeve? Time will tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Robin for planning a celebration for ya'll. I'm sure you both look good in leather. Congratulations on the almost 10 year marker!

angela | the painted house said...

I can't believe it is almost 10 years! Sounds like you have an adventure ahead of you. How fun!

Anonymous said...

no pictures of your new leather?