Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Candice!



My first grandchild, whose lips first referred to me as Memaw, is 17 today. It hardly seems possible. That adorable baby girl that we all fought over is now a beautiful young lady. And with a boyfriend!

Candice and Robert were over last night for dinner and ice cream. It was all spur of the moment, but we had a great time. They were stopping by to get her birthday ice cream when I suggested a breakfast meal. They both loved the idea since it was a hit at Christmas. After dinner, we sampled the ice cream before they carried it home. I told Candice on the phone before they arrived that the ice cream would be ready soon and that since she was at Memaw's, she could even have dessert before dinner. She laughed at that. But Moms and Dads who are debating on whether to leave your kids in my care, we ate dinner first like we are supposed to do.

It was such a fun visit with these two young people. We joked and laughed, we discussed politics, health care, and what should be the official language of Texas (English, of course). We re-told old stories and shared memories from a not so distant past. Candice and I made plans to have our birthday dinner and shopping next week. I'm looking forward to it. We always have so much fun!

Candice is a junior this year and actively involved in school. She is president of her class and sings (beautifully, by the way) in the choir. Her grades and GPA are up there with the best of them. She continues to serve as prosecutor in Teen Court and has received rave reviews from bona fide attorneys. The sky is the limit for this girl! I'm so proud of her.

Have a wonderful birthday, Candice, and remember always how much I love you. Go, girl!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday B.C.! I'm so proud of my little girl. Stay just the way you are and everthing will go your way....although you could let me win an argument once and a while. I hope you have a great birthday while i'm trying to comprehend that my little girl is 17 years old. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Candice! You are already a success. Don't mess it up:).....I speak as an adult who has. Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Candice. You have the world by the tail. Always keep your self respect, caring in your heart and God number one. You can't fail with that prescription.

Love you

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Candice!!!!! You are absolutely beautiful, my dear!! Don't be like your Aunt Rita = be certain and go to college so you can do more than just answer phones!!!!! You have got so much brain power on the ball. Be all you can be!!! I am very proud of you!!!! Look to God for your guidance and go for the Gold!!!! Love ya - Rita

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Candice. You are precious to all who know and love you.

BTW, you would be a huge success if you turned out like our aunt Rita. Don't listen to her!

Anonymous said...

Dee you beat me to it. Being like Aunt Rita is a good thing.

angela | the painted house said...

Especially if you can make those Rita burgers...ah, Rita burgers! And paint like her too!

Happy birthday, Candice! We love you and wish we could see you more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone!!! I love and appreciate each and every one of you!!!

Candice, I guess we better get together and make some "Rita Burgers"!! We will have to have Robert with us while we cook so he can "sample" our burgers!!!

Love you lots - Rita

Anonymous said...

thank you so much i feel so old now! I can see R rated movies..other than that one more year till the real fun and responsibility starts ;)

I love you!

-Candice

Anonymous said...

You are just 4 months shy of being able to vote in this presidental election :( Oh well, you'll have to wait until Hillary's second term to vote for the first time.

Sophia was born on election day 2006.so she turns 18 just 2 days after the 2024 presidental election day. Maybe she won' care, who knows.