Saturday, March 29, 2008

Parker the Porker

I got on the scales this morning (no true confessions here, folks), then I stepped off, picked up Parker, and weighed again. That guy is up to 16 pounds now! I've never had a cat that huge. I could tell he was heavier each time I picked him up.

So, yes, Cheryl, he has put on weight. As for how he reacted to Angela, he was interested the first time she spoke to him, and the second time he retreated deep into the closet. I think she will always be the one who dropped him off at the airport, and I will be the one who came to his rescue. That's as it should be since he is now in my home. I'm glad he feels welcome.

Other Porker, I mean Parker, trivia is this week he showed me his dog impersonation. He dug out a furry mouse from the cat toy basket and dropped it at my feet. I threw it across the room, he ran to it, slapped it around a little, then brought it back to me. This went on all night, between brief rests on his part. Parker can fetch!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HE'S SO CUTE! I am so glad he is settling down and getting comfortable. He is smart! I throw a ball to Puddy, she runs for it, then sits there looking at me to come and get the stupid thing! I just love cats. Thank You God for allegra! I hope Weisel is warming up to Parker, I like him too!

Anonymous said...

I love cats that fetch! Spookie used to. Now he does what Cheryl's cat does. It's like he's telling me I need the workout or something. Stupid cat.

You know I really thought I'd lose a couple or more pounds eating all vegan at C&A's. Nope! Her cooking is so good I gained 2 pounds while I was there!

Anonymous said...

Hayley fetched. I love cats too....and dogs...and horses...and donkeys:)

Anonymous said...

Donna are you in need of a couple of more cats? I've got at least 2 I'd be more than happy to give to you.

angela | the painted house said...

That's my boy! Glad the two of you are having fun together.

Looking forward to your romantic weekend post.

Anonymous said...

Cristal, I believe we have "all" been offered your cats before. You probably wouldn't part with them after all:)

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'd part with Mike's 2 but shhh don't tell him.