Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Full Day

Angela and I got to spend a lot of time together yesterday. I picked her up in Saginaw and we drove to Keene to attend the funeral of Rachael's dad. What a well loved and respected man! I was touched by all the beautiful tributes to a great man. No wonder Rachael was so proud of him and loved him so deeply. She will remain in our hearts as she faces the days ahead.

I had my first taste of vegan as Angela and I had lunch in Fort Worth at a vegan restaurant. I had a vegetable wrap that was very good. I love vegetables anyway. I also tasted hummus for the first time and declare it delicious. I know Angela's versions of vegan will be very tempting when I get my turn at Camp Chemo.

Angela's trip was brief but I enjoyed every moment I had with her. She is now at home with her little ones that she missed so much, and her husband who will always be a big important part of her life. I just wish the distance between us wasn't so vast. But the important thing is there is no distance between our hearts.

After I had Angela back in Saginaw, I drove to Irving to get Patty. We went to my house so I could change clothes for our evening out. Her son manages a restaurant in the area and we stopped in for dinner. He had our order ready when we arrived and even told us it was on the house. We might consider going there more often. We didn't get out as cheaply when we went to see Riverdance. Patty treated me and bought our tickets, but parking is armed robbery. But I was glad to pay it and got out better than Patty did financially.

Riverdance was wonderful. We'd both seen Lord of the Dance, but it was our first time to see Riverdance. The talent was incredible. Besides the dancing, there was some singing and the voices were crystal clear and awesome. I am constantly amazed by the dance steps. That involves some coordination that I am sadly deficient in. I really felt like the clumsy ox I am while watching their footwork. Incredible.

I finally pulled into my driveway after 11:00pm last night. It didn't take me long to crawl into my bed and crash. But it had been a day to remember. Thank you, Angela, for the quality time you allowed me to spend with my baby daughter. And, thank you, Patty, for the concert and the many, many ways you spoil me. I must really stink already!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get it! I had to think for a minute.....spoil.....stink:) You are pretty good at spoiling people too, Sissy. I am the recipient of that spoiling by you.

I'm glad you had your Angela time. Too bad it was such a sad time. I am praying for Rachel and her family.

Patty, thank you for showing my sweet sister such a good time. Should we meet for dinner at Pat's son's restaurant sometime:)?

Anonymous said...

no mention of Sophia's hair cut?? I'll have to send you a picture so that you can post it.

Anonymous said...

You sure had a full day! Glad you and Angela got to spend some time together even though the circumstances could have been better ones.

I envy you seeing the Riverboat. I know you treated me on my 50th with lord of the dance in Biloxi. It was amazing. I have bought both of the DVD's since and watch them often. It totally amazes me.