Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jude





We always look forward to the Ides of March in our family without a sense of dread. It's a happy day for us as we celebrate Jude's birthday. He awoke yesterday morning, smiled broadly at his Mom, and proclaimed that it was his last day to be five. Indeed, my second grandson is a big six-year-old today!

Jude has a fabulous sense of humor and can easily laugh at himself. I've told him that will serve him well in the years ahead. As early as age two, I bought him a coat with a hood that he thought was hilarious. When he tried it on and pull the hood over his head he thought he was the funniest thing around. He hurried to the den full of family and stood there laughing. How healthy to be able to do that!

Jude is very affectionate and sweet. I love his hugs and he isn't selfish with them. He hands them out freely. He's fascinated by the solar system, playing pretend with his many costumes, and is a good big brother to his two sisters. He and Baylee transform into Ron Stopable and Kim Possible often during the day, and he lavishes hugs and kisses on Sophia.

Most importantly, he brings a ray of sunshine into his home and a big smile to his Mom's face. Jude has captured many hearts. Memaw surely heads the list of admirers.

Tonight he will celebrate turning 6 at a pizza and games place, surrounded by family and friends. I made the traditional chocolate ice cream yesterday and we are ready to party. Happy birthday, Jude! You have been an incredible blessing and I love you so much.

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, sweet boy! I wish we were partying with you today over pizza and games. Much love to Jude the Dude!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to such a handsome young man. You are growing up so fast. I wish I could have fun with you today and eat pizza and memaws ice cream.

I love you (from the day your mommy told me there was going to be a JUDE THE DUDE in the Oster house)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jude!! I had lots of fun with you the other day. I hope you enjoy your big day and your party!!

Anonymous said...

Cake and ice cream here we come! Thanks mom, that was sweet.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jude! You are a really neat young man! I enjoy your singing too!

Were the birthday poems just for last year?