Friday, August 08, 2008

What an Awesome Day!

When I decided to play hooky from work today and go to the farm to see some relatives I haven't seen in awhile, I had no idea how good the day would be. At a moment's notice, Sharon was ready and willing to come with me. I was anxious for her and my parents to meet. She fit in so perfectly.It's obvious from this picture that my mother has adopted Sharon. It made me so happy that they hit it off so well. It says volumes about both of them.
Here's cousin Floyd and his wife Linda. Floyd's father and my mother's mother were brother and sister. I met Floyd in my teens when he was stationed in Fort Hood. We teased each other unmercifully. I don't see him often since he lives in California but the teasing still begins when we see each other. I was delighted to meet his wife of almost two years. Linda and Floyd seem perfectly matched. Welcome to our crazy family, Linda.
Look at these lovely sisters. I'm very proud of this picture of Aunt Dorothy and my mother. And they aren't just lovely, they are a hoot. I don't know when I have laughed so hard!
Here's Sharon with Farmer John. My dad had traded in his shorts that displayed his cute legs for overalls so he could change the oil on his car for their trip to Cleburne tomorrow for their annual cousins reunion. He complained that he was dirty, but he still looks handsome in farmer clothes.

Mother fed us well and Dad (Sugar) entertained us on the piano. We shared memories and laughed. The time got away from us quickly and Sharon and I had to leave. I wish so much that we all lived closer together and could have this much fun on a regular basis. My endorphins are happy today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got home safe and glad you had a great time. Dorothy (my real grandma) is so much fun to be around.

Anonymous said...

If Floyd's father was your mother's mother's brother wouldn't he be your great uncle?

Glad you had fun! Seeing your dad in overalls reminds me of my Papa, my Dad's dad, who was a farmer his whole life. The farm is always fun to go back to!

angela | the painted house said...

I wish I could have spent the day with all of you! I can't believe Sharon has beat Rachael to the farm--and I've known Rach for over 10 years!

Anonymous said...

I think that would make Floyd Peggy's cousin..

Looked like a great day.

Anonymous said...

You're right. I don't know why my brain had to make it so confusing.

Anonymous said...

And Randee, I'm your real Mom!