Saturday, August 16, 2008

Girls Night Out

A group of us enjoyed another Girls Night Out. It was spur of the moment so many "girls" in our group had other plans. We look forward to them joining us next time to meet the newest "girl" on the block, Jan. Jan just moved back here from Oklahoma and lives very close to the area where we usually meet for an evening of fun and laughter. My niece, Shelley, is Jan's daughter and she was in town to help Jan and Kenneth get settled into their new home. This is why we threw together a little party at the last minute.Tomorrow is Jan's birthday so she got to wear the tiara that Patty bought for the birthday girls to wear. We had a few little gifts for her to open and we all helped her eat a chocolate birthday treat that was loaded with calories and taste! Yummy! It is wonderful having Jan so near and available to party with us. She is so much fun!
Here are cousins Allison and Shelley. Both are picture perfect, bubbly, and keep us older gals on our toes. The only thing better than having a night out with the girls is being able to have a daughter or two join the fun.
This is my sister, Donna, with Jan the birthday girl. Oh, how we laughed! One of these days we are going to be thrown out of a restaurant.
Finishing up the group tonight are Patty and me. I kind of felt bad about how long we sat around the table laughing when I saw the crowd outside waiting for a table. But I didn't feel bad for long!

We all went to Jan's new house to give our stamp of approval to the decorating she and Shelley had already accomplished. Each room was beautiful. If it were me, I'm sure there would have been unpacked boxes everywhere. We got to spend some time with Kenneth and he was very gracious about all the women who piled in on him.

Happy birthday, Jan! We are thrilled to add your smiling face to our crazy group. You will fit in perfectly!

6 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

You ladies all look beautiful! I'm glad Shelley and Jan could join you--how fun!

Anonymous said...

I thought Allison looked like Donna but Shelley looks even more like her!

So Kenneth is your brother Peggy?

Glad y'all had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time. Jan is just a stone throw away from me, welcome to the neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

I get to have two nieces who resemble me? How blessed to even look a smidgeon like either one. Please throw Angela into the mix. I'll be an absolute beauty then:)

Peggy said...

Cristal, Kenneth isn't my brother but I'd claim him as one. Jan was married to my brother, Joe, and they had the beautiful Shelley. Everyone says that Donna and Shelley favor, a great compliment for both of them!

Peggy said...

Sissy, you are an absolute beauty in your own right!!!