Thursday, May 29, 2008

Splish-Splash!





We visited the pool twice while I was with Angela. The kids really enjoyed the water and outdoor playground while their mom did laps. She also spent plenty of time in the water playing with Ashton and Juliet. Theirs is a very nice and modern facility that offers lots of family fun. I didn't take my bathing suit for obvious reasons, but discovered I wouldn't have been the only one there with a non-swimsuit figure. I'm sure everyone was jealous of Angela, even the day when she wore her more sensible suit for laps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hot here right now, and boy does that water look inviting. Did you at least dangle your feet Peggy? At least your toe nails were acceptable (yeah, as if nothing else was....)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Cheryl. I remember you said you've been married 10 years and have ONLY gained 10 pounds in that 10 years, yet you wouldn't put on a swimsuit because you wouldn't look acceptable?! PLEASE!

Besides have you seen what people wear to pools? I take my little cousins to Hurricane Harbor every summer and you would NOT believe what some people wear! I walk around with my mouth wide open in shock. One large woman popped her boob out to scratch it and then put it back in her swimsuit. I couldn't believe it!! I saw EVERYTHING!! And my youngest cousin, who was 7 at the time, and who was standing directly in front of me was looking in that direction and I didn't want her to see what was happening so I gently turned her head the other way. It worked. She didn't see a thing but I sure did.

Anonymous said...

Like I've said in the past: I wish I had the self confidence to wear somehting like "that" but I am glad I don't.

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, man, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I am tired of looking at me in that ugly swimsuit. Looking forward to your next post!

Anonymous said...

Like you look ugly in anything.