Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Finally Happened!


It took 4.5 months, but it's finally happened. We were having our coffee together last night when Parker came in, saw Robin's feet on the coffee table, and jumped in his lap to spread out on his legs! Our jaws absolutely dropped. Usually Parker has nothing for Robin but a hiss, unless he's holding the food can. Once Parker got himself all comfy, he rubbed his head on Robin's legs, loving on him. I say loving, Robin says marking. Whatever Parker was doing, it was cute and we waited a long time to see it.

I could tell that Robin was impressed. We had been in shock that Parker took to me so completely when cats usually swarm to Robin. I think animals sense something primal in Robin. But I was, after all, the one who rescued Parker from the belly of an airplane and he shows his gratitude daily.

Since I'm leaving tomorrow for Angela's, I was happy to see that Parks had taken some initiative towards Robin. They should become great pals while I'm gone. Robin did make the comment that Parker might "run away" while I'm gone. I think Parker heard that and is smart enough to know who butters his bread when mom's out of pocket.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! I've been waiting for that....Parker looks so cute and VERY comfortable curled up on Robin.

Anonymous said...

How cute and funny! And perfect timing since you're going to GA. Maybe Parks understood your conversations about your trip and thought this would be a good time to get acquainted with Robin. haha Soon he'll be sleeping on Robin's head at night.

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, that is SO SWEET! I'm so happy that Parker is making friends with Robin. I miss those little head rubs. Love you, Parks!

See you manana, mamacita!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS NEW FACE!!!!!! I like how things are laid out in a pick and choose fashion. I especially like seeing your book displayed!!!! Have a safe trip and pleeeeaaasssseeee deliver my love to them all. Wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Have a good time with the Blehms. Give them all a hug for me.

Anonymous said...

Good picture of Parks and Robin. I miss my kitty:(