Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day




We enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day at the farm with my parents, siblings, and children. My baby, Angela, wasn't present but I did get Mother's Day greetings over the phone by her, Ashton, and Juliet. Also, she sent me some wonderful goodies via The Big Brown Truck.

Thank you, Donna for supplying all the barbecue and the delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. By popular demand, Rita made her famous cole slaw with garlic, and her homemade strawberry ice cream. Poor Mother, who should have been Queen for the day, slaved away in the kitchen with potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, homemade rolls, chocolate cake, 4-layer delight with a new twist - chocolate chip cookie crust - and coconut oatmeal cookies. Oh, and I can't forget to mention her homemade chocolate ice cream. I straggled in with my usual chocolate chip cookies.

Allison, who has been teaching a pre-school class, thrilled me with an original corsage she made for me in her class. All the children made one for their mothers and I was filled with pride to wear mine the entire day. I have to attach a magnet to the back and display it on my refrigerator. I thought those days were over, but to my delight, they aren't! I love it and it defines my daughter's personality so much.

Two gifts, both wrapped in newspapers, were on the table when I awoke this morning. Parker and Weasil surprised me with two sets of towels and sink mats with a pretty stone pattern. They, too, made a homemade treasure for me, a card with two kitty prints inside. Thank you, Robin, for helping them choose.

Happy Mother's Day to all and I hope your day was spectacular.

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

How does NanNaw do all that cooking??? That pic of her and Peeps has me all choked up. I so want that to be me and Clayton.

I'm glad that you had a good day--love the corsage!

I'm also glad that Parker didn't give you a turd for MD.

LOVE YOU, MAMACITA!

Anonymous said...

Now I'm hungry, thanks.

Glad you all had a fun Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Also, Ron and Gene brought their dogs to the farm and the dogs were having a little power struggle. They were running around like crazy chasing each other and they ran into peepaw! He fell to the gound. Any other 81-year-old would have been down for the count - not my peepaw! He got right up and joined in with the laughter of all those around!

They also ran into Baylee she went down but was not so brave. But it did not deture her from spending the rest of day smelling like dog. She was in heaven.

Love you mom, Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

It was a good day at the farm, but just not long enough...darn long drive! Peg, your cookies were delicious! Angela, I believe you'll get your picture of you and Clayton just like your Nannaw and Pappaw:)