Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Robin in HD


What a sad state of affairs Robin found himself in. His big screen TV, which dated back to pre-Peggy, began having problems with the wiring. Robin was forced to go shopping for another TV. There is no way he would have purchased a 70-inch HD TV had he not been shoved into it by the aging set he wore out from too many viewings of Alien and other sci-fi flicks. Then to add insult to injury, the cable provider had to install a new box and hardware, and a promise that our cable bill would go up. It just couldn't be helped.

The older set was moved to our bedroom. Robin used the connections in front of the TV to hook it up and it works better, but is somewhat unsightly. Definitely, too unsightly for his manly den. But he isn't completely happy with it in our bedroom. He thinks it's too big for the room and the cords are an eye sore.

"Maybe I should sell it and bring back the small TV for the bedroom. What do you think?"

"I think that is easy for you to say since you have the 70-incher to watch and I have the small portable one."

Not that I'm much of a TV watcher. I prefer my computer for evening entertainment. Do they sell 70-inch monitors? I think mine is going out. Mind you, this would be an added expense that is totally out of my control.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a big screen TV in the bedroom? Where'd you put it?

Peggy said...

We have his older TV along a wall in front of the bed. We still need to move things around so it will look good. We want to add a wall-mounted flat screen in there eventually. But my bills come first.

Anonymous said...

I want a big screen TV in HD!

angela | the painted house said...

You put that monstrosity in your room? Are you my mother writing this?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Big Screen, HD and a room of wires....Sid has a 63" in the living room, small as the room is. We moved the old (actually only a few years old) into Ali's equally small, maybe smaller room. I lost my coffee table to hold the TV. It's nice to view, but all decorating is out the window. I give up.

Anonymous said...

And, there is nothing worth watching on TV! I do watch though. Mindless things.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Donna, what was that? I was busy digging boogers out of my eyes.

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL Cristal

Anonymous said...

Cristal, I'm going to have to come over there and hit you:)

Anonymous said...

:)