Monday, May 26, 2008

Swing & Splash!




There hasn't been much time to blog so I'm grateful that Allison is keeping us all entertained here. It would be a shame for this beautiful new format to remain idle.

My stay at The Painted House has been great. I'm really enjoying the grandchildren. The vegan meals are delicious, too! Ashton and I have played many games of Yahtzee. Cheryl, he could spend a week with us in Bandera and never slow us down. He's on the ball and hasn't inherited his Memaw's tendency to sling dice.

Juliet is a little doll. I love to hear her talk even if I don't always understand her. She is all girl and I love that! Several times, she and Ashton have told me they love "hanging out with you". So sweet.

Callan needs no words. There are no words! He smiled the minute they picked me up at the airport. I was not a stranger and few people are to him. I've been doing some serious munchin'! Ah, those cheeks and thighs!

Placing all three in the bath was a hit. Juliet was amazed that they were all in the tub together, Ashton commented on how they all fit in there, and Callan was beaming as he felt as big as his older brother and sister.
Oh, and I've washed a few dishes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just know you eating up every minute with the grandchildren. They are all so cute. I so wish I could have come. I got your phone message yesterday. Haven't had a chance to call back as we picked up the boys at 12 and have been on the go since. They just left with some friends so I could get on the computer for a while and catch up. I'll try and get back with you later. ASHTON, don't give your memaw any secrets to winning yahtzee....she rolls too many yahtzee's as it is.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh, just look at Callan in that swing! So adorable! He gets better and better looking all the time. And Ashton and Juliet are adorable too of course!

Thanks for posting some pictures. Now get back to kitchen duty.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having a good time there. Give them all kisses for me.