Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mission Accomplished -- Solo!






Robin carried his deer blind -- in sections -- to the lease today in Cisco. I didn't know how he would be able to assemble the blind all by himself, so I offered to go. He assured me he could handle it and that the terrain was rocky and I wouldn't like it. He reminded me, too, that he's caught and killed a rattlesnake out there. Still, I was willing to help, anxious to make sure he is able to enjoy every minute of hunting season. OK, I had slumber parties on my mind, too, but I really was trying to be helpful.

He had constructed the base a few weeks ago and it was at the lease waiting to be topped with the blind. The pictures show the stages of completion. Being the genius he is, Robin used bungee cords to hold the sides in place so he could add the hardware. He carried the plywood roof up a ladder to secure it to the frame, then carried sheet metal up to protect the wood. I'm amazed that he was able to accomplish this feat on his own. The finished product looks very impressive for homemade.

So, this time next week Robin will be roughing it in the wild while Patty and I indulge in cheese enchiladas, shopping, TV, and reading. Yes, I definitely offered to help.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dad would be so proud.

Anonymous said...

From the season's opening day until mid January we don't even see my Dad. Dad if you're out there....Happy Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

thats good crystal....lol lol

Anonymous said...

CRISTAL.....and it's right in front of me!!! See why peggy is always correcting my spelling...i'm hopeless...sorry crystal....I MEAN CRISTAL!!!

angela | the painted house said...

Wow! Now I think I can see it--even in the midst of all those trees. Have fun Robin!

Peggy said...

Cheryl, no one pointed out that I said Robin called a rattlesnake instead of caught it. Either all of you are being kind or I have reason to correct you. LOL!

Yes, Cristal, I know what happens when the deer is getting ready to be processed. I choose not to view it, either. Did Clayton never get the hunting bug?

Anonymous said...

Happy hunting Robin!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't all that handy work be put to better use? Maybe a hutch, or a pretty hope chest?

Anonymous said...

I caught the "called" instead of caught but I was being kind.

And Sherril, I mean Cheryl, it's ok. Hardly anyone gets my name right.

Clayboy was NEVER interested in hunting. He couldn't bare the thought of killing something and he even had some troubles as a young boy dealing with Dad hunting.

I agree with Dee, just think what beautiful things Robin and my Dad and all the hunters for that matter could build!