Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Girls' Weekend






Patty called me Friday and asked if I were up to a weekend of shopping at the Premium Outlet in Allen, just North of Plano. I said of course. She reserved us a room at the Hampton Inn, right at the edge of the mall. It was perfect. We had a nice room with two queen beds, and as Patty said, "for two queens", and were able to walk to the mall. We walked and walked. It was a good day of exercise.

Lunch was Mexican food at On The Border, "dinner" was at Starbucks with coffee and scones. Breakfast was the fare served in the dining room at our hotel. We shopped a little more, then headed home. It was a great getaway and we really enjoyed ourselves!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. But did you find a BOGO store??

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect prescription for whatever ails you. I'm glad you had a fun time.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like excercising, especially at an outlet mall. Sounds great!

angela | the painted house said...

A great way to spend the weekend! Leave it to Pat to come up with a fun getaway.

Anonymous said...

I need a weekend getaway. I know Cristal and Peggy -- I just had a vacation. Weekend of shopping and eating.............with a good friend sounds wonderful.

Peggy said...

Of course we tried to BOGO,but they didn't have what we were looking for. My winter shoe needs aren't as great as in the summer. I love sandals!

Anonymous said...

Donna, since I wasn't invited on your New Mexico vacation how about you splurge and take me on a weekend getaway. I'll let you.

I'm just glad they let you out of New Mexico without a passport...right Dee?

Peggy said...

Our room had a door to a connecting room. It gave us an idea: bring more friends on the next shopping spree! Let's go, girls!

Anonymous said...

Cristal, you heard her. Can you imagine the blog after a weekend of all those pictures and fun! I'm game.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I can imagine the yelling after I get back with all the credit card bills! :)

Anonymous said...

M&M machine. Does it really sell them or soft drinks? Rather large vending machine for candy.

Peggy said...

The M&M machine is strictly candy. It also included candy under the M&M brand or owned by them. I'd never seen one before and needed the picture.

Cristal, just browse like I did. It was fun anyway. Just getting away and doing something different is fun.