Tuesday, October 30, 2007

BOGO Sisterhood

I received a frantic voice mail today from my sister, Donna. On her lunch hour she stopped by the local shoe store and found it closed and deserted. Remembering my experience when I discovered my shoe store had closed, she called and left me a message. She, too, was afraid she hadn't purchased enough shoes to keep them in business. Another fear that she shared with me, scaring both of us, is the possibility that the chain of shoe stores would bite the dust forever.

With that horrible thought in mind, we had the same thought - go online and investigate. We discovered that the shoe store has merged with two other companies and is alive and well. Relief swept over us in our separate offices in separate cities. Neither of us knew, but we were both on the site and decided to browse the selection of shoes. I was in dire need of three pairs of brown shoes. I needed boots, dressy heels, and casual shoes, all in brown. I found what I wanted. I also looked at men's bath slippers since Robin has asked for a new pair for Christmas. I found those, too.

I proceeded to checkout and discovered that BOGO is online as well. So, I got two pairs of shoes for half price and no shipping charges. I was excited and forwarded my order confirmation to Donna so she could see that we were still in business. Just minutes later, she forwarded me her own order confirmation where she purchased two pairs of sneakers. We thought it was so funny that we placed our orders at the same time.

The beauty of shopping online is that shipping is free if you spend above a certain amount or if you have your order sent to the nearest store to your home where you can pick it up there. Of course nothing beats the thrill of trying on the shoes and walking out with them the same day. Either way you choose to buy your shoes, BOGOing is fun and easy online or in person.

When Donna learned that we'd both rushed to the internet to find out what happened to our store, then ended up shopping, she said, "we've created a monster."

Oh Yeah! Sissy and I BOGOed today!

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

You ladies are obsessed!

Peggy said...

Aren't all ladies obsessed with clothing and accessories?

Anonymous said...

There is medication for that.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I made the blog again!

I guess every store is available to purchase from online. I just had Omaha steaks delivered yesterday. I hope after eating them I can still fit in to my sneakers!

Anonymous said...

I'm just happy you girls are keeping BOGO alive!