Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Baylee's Birthday Party





Baylee had the best birthday ever! It was definitely planned with her in mind. Robin and I had the honor of hosting the party at our home so the kids could enjoy the pool. The major attraction was later when a petting zoo took over our front yard! Baylee was led outside to see a beautiful pony, all saddled up and ready to take her for a ride. A little fenced-in enclosure was set up and the animals were led to it one by one. We had a sheep, a goat, a pig, three chickens and two adorable angora rabbits. There was a bucket full of brushes and the kids were able to groom the animals. Baylee would go back and forth between the pony and the other animals. She was in heaven.

Her great-grandparents came from East Texas and brought homemade chocolate ice cream. Yummy! I made chocolate chip cookies, and Allison had some tasty Southwestern eggrolls, her homemade pico, and other snacks.

It was a wonderful day for Baylee and all her guests. I had to leave for the airport that evening and missed out on being a part of the cleaning crew. I'm in Georgia having a wonderful time and will begin posting pictures of this batch of grandkids. What a dedicated Memaw! I left my home with six grandchildren there and headed to Georgia to see my other three. Actually, I'm just plain blessed!

10 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

We are so sorry that we missed the party and farm animals...it was just plain torture telling Ashton and Juliet what they were missing...but the nice consolation was that Memaw was on her way here for a week!

Thank you, Memaw!

Anonymous said...

You sure are blessed. Nine beautiful grandchildren. But they are blessed also to have such a lovely and loving Memaw. I wish I could have seen Baylee's face when she saw the pony. Randee, got any more pictures???

Have a great time, kiss each one of them for me and keep us update with LOTS of pictures....

But I do miss you :(

Anonymous said...

yes, I have lots of pics on my photo site. even a picture of the moment she saw the pony, don't expect a big smile on her face, she was playing it cool.

Thanks for the recap of the party, we had a great time.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday for Baylee girl! So, Peggy, you were able to blog from Georgia? Love you and all your kids and grandkids.

Anonymous said...

Did Baylee know about the animals or was it a surprise? She looks so cute and happy with them.

Peggy, no time to help clean? Good timing on your part. Did you use the whole "I have to check in 4 hours before the flight" thing??

Anonymous said...

Allison, where did Baylee get that dark hair? Aren't you and Brian both blonde?

Anonymous said...

Yea, Randee. Fess up!

Anonymous said...

ah, the truth comes out.

angela | the painted house said...

Brian blonde? That is GRAY hair on that old man! His whole family has dark hair.

Anonymous said...

Okay Randee, Angela cleared it up for us. It's been so long since I've see Brian's dark hair:)