Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Movie Star And The Genius



I kept Ashton and Juliet while their parents and Callan had a date. They had dinner at Outback and Callan had to tag along since Mommy carries his dinner around with her. I was industrious and made a frozen pasta dish and fruit for the three of us. Then we had a little computer time for Ashton as he checked the temperatures all over the globe and Juliet walked around with her stylish shades.


I had the privilege of having worship with these two darlings. We read some Bible stories, sang a few songs, and had prayer. Then if was off to bed as Juliet said goodnight to all her stuffed bed partners and Ashton got his back scratched. I asked if he'd like me to move in with them and scratch his back every night and he said yes, but that Robin would get very lonely.


When Clayton and Angela and little Callan arrived home we watched a move they had rented, Blades of Glory. Callan joined us for the movie and we had a very relaxing evening. I had coffee which will keep me awake all night and Angela ate a bowl of homemade chocolate ice cream that I made yesterday. Clayton showed extreme willpower and was content to watch the movie without ingesting anything.


Ashton has caught on quickly to my electronic Yahtzee game. Cheryl has a little competition here. We sit and play it a lot. Even Juliet will push a few buttons and say, "I got a Yahtzee".


I've made some math problems for Ashton, but he doesn't play fair. He has the right answers to Algebra, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Then he acts up and throws in some square root and numbers squared and leaves Memaw in left field. I don't want to play with him anymore.


Surprisingly, both Juliet and Parker the cat have had something to do with me this trip. I should have done laser hair removal sooner. Jack, the newest cat, sleeps with me but when I try to pet him, he bites me. He has drawn my blood four times so far. I guess he has a love/hate relationship with me.


I'm having a wonderful time and it's going by too quickly. I'm tempted to bring them all home with me. Let's take a vote.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best memaw! So nice of you to give Angela and Clay a night out. I'm sure the kids will sure miss you when you are gone.

angela | the painted house said...

Thank you, Memaw, for a wonderful evening out--so quiet since Calle just slept the whole time while we ate!

Thank you for being kind to me here this time...unlike the newsletter cinnamon roll report...I did have TWO bowls of that yummy ice cream last night.

And, we ALL wish you would have gotten the laser hair removal done sooner! :) Whatever...I never noticed any stray hairs on you!

Please don't leave us!

Anonymous said...

You sound like you are having a wonderful time with "the family". I know you don't want to leave and I wish you could bring them with you, but there is always a nice place to go visit. Hope we can invade their home sometime in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time by all. Angela, I am not going to be so kind....2 BOWLS OF ICE CREAM.....i feel better, I ate 2 ice cream cones yesterday (one just tasted like another!) So we have a next generation of yahtzee players??

Enjoy every minute...

Anonymous said...

Yes, bring them home with you.

Isn't that sad that a 4 year old is smarter than us?