Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Last Full Day






We had a wonderful day, but a sad one too as I considered it was my last full day with them until Thanksgiving. Ashton didn't want me to leave and his eyes welled with tears. Of course, I followed suit. It's been so thrilling to spend this time with grandchildren I don't get to see that often.

Clayton and Angela showed me Dahlonega, a cute town with a quaint town square. We browsed some shops, put coins in the player piano, and had lunch on a covered patio. I ordered an eggplant sandwich - something I'd never heard of - and it was delicious! Ashton and Juliet were great and we never know Callan is around unless he's hungry.
We stopped in one shop for cookies and peach and raspberry Ade's. You can tell from the picture that Juliet loved her peanut butter cookie that was partially dipped in chocolate. The oatmeal raisin I selected (and shared) was yummy too.

Another picture shows Clayton at his desk at work with Ashton and Juliet sharing his spotlight. He works in a very nice state-of-the-art facility. They do their own surgeries there and I got to tour that section too. Clayton even gave me an eye exam and told me I was blind as a bat, and will not pass another driving eye test. So, he gave me a prescription for progressive bifocals and a list of reading glasses in different strengths for driving, reading, and computer work (or play). Such are the ravages of aging.
It was with an aching heart that I packed my suitcase tonight. I know I need to be home with my husband and back at work, but I will miss this new family of five. Three exceptional grandchildren live here with two wonderful parents. I'm being totally objective. Just ask Bob and Sherry. They will agree with me.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures! I'm glad you had a good visit. Have a safe trip home. And kiss and hug those babies for me before you leave.

Anonymous said...

it makes me cry

Anonymous said...

I hate goodbyes