Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Class Of '68 And '69


Jan, one of my friends from high school, came to work and had lunch with me today. She always manages to bring in a package of M&Ms. Today she brought the dark chocolate kind, full of anti-oxidants (and sugar, I know).

We visited over enchiladas and caught up on each other. She just returned from an annual family reunion in East Texas, the first one since her Mother passed away in March. I know it was different for her, but I'm glad she went and got to be a part of it all. I know I've said this many times, but it never ceases to amaze me how happy, positive, and fun Jan is on a daily basis. She finds the beauty in everything. She even pulls laughter from her zoned-out friend.

At the end of our lunch, Jan showed me how to make my own dessert. She took a flour tortilla, buttered it, and opened a packet of sugar and sprinkled it over the butter. Then, roll and enjoy. Free dessert! Once we got back to the office, we munched on the M&Ms. Gotta have that chocolate.

Besides being my friend for many years, Jan is also a cheap agent. She tells everyone about my books - via e-mails, neighbors visiting over the fence, and word of mouth. She hasn't asked for a commission. I like cheap.

Thank you, Jan, for another pleasant lunch with your sunny personality!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try rolling up some M&M's in the sugary tortilla!

Anonymous said...

Peggy, BTW, I've talked to Ashton a couple of times since you got back and both times he has excitedly told me that he got 4 Yahtzee's in one game and he got the high score of 615. I play along and sound surprised and ask him how he did it to which he replies, "I'm just a little smartie." haaaaaa He's so funny and cute!!

Peggy said...

LOL. Ashton is too smart for his pants!

Anonymous said...

Loved the post on your blog. Ronnie thinks I am a pessimist and you help remind me I am an
OPTIMIST! I'll have to watch on the nagging! You are so sweet, of course the M&M's added to it. Ha Ha

Good luck taking care of Baylee and Robin tomorrow. At least Allison and Brian will be there to help but I bet Jude and
Sophia will be little caretakers themselves.

Take care..........

Anonymous said...

Nice to have a friend who can bring good cheer into a room. I know you enjoy having her visit (and the MM's)

Anonymous said...

Jan is such a sweet friend, I'm glad you had a good visit.

angela | the painted house said...

Nothing like chocolate and a good friend to cheer a girl up.