Sunday, September 30, 2007

Do You Need To Go?



No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. That is a real, bona fide Port-A-Potty sitting on a cement storm drain at the edge of our front yard. I can see property values dropping to an all-time low.

From what I've been told, the widow next door broke her hip and is recovering in a nursing home. Apparently, it was decided that she should stay there and now her children are undertaking a massive remodeling of her home. Construction has been going on there for months. Now, it appears a room will be added on the back of the house, probably extending the den area. I guess the potty was moved in to accommodate the builders. But why sit it by the street?

The house is vacant and I'm sure there are at least three bathrooms inside. Maybe the construction company's policy is to abstain from using the bathrooms inside the home. But what's wrong with the back of the driveway? That would give more privacy and protect home values. I can't imagine "needing to go" and having to walk to the street, step up on the curb and enter this blue structure. And it's placed where all the neighbors can see the comings and goings.

I'm sure it was easier for the truck to unload the potty at the street instead of backing up the driveway. Also, the potty might be in the way at the construction site. Still, it remains a very strange addition to our tranquil neighborhood. Our mailman is probably the only one who is thrilled by its presence. How convenient for him.

Anyway, I thought the potty and its positioning at the edge of our yard would make an interesting blog post. I swallowed my pride and stood in the street and took pictures. I hope no neighbors were staring from their windows and wondering what this mad woman was doing. I also hope they don't actually think Robin relieved himself in that disgusting place. The lengths we will go for the sake of the blog!

We have three bathrooms and a litter box, so we really don't need the front yard potty. It wasn't placed there for our use anyway. But if Mother Nature were to make an urgent call while mowing the front yard, I guess we would be glad the potty is there, in plain sight, property values or not. After all, when you gotta go, you gotta go.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to think. Eye balls on Angela's blog and port a potties on your blog....What is this world coming to? I have to admit the eye balls were cool and there are plenty of times I could sure use that port a potty!

So what's next girls? Bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Nice yard ornament.

The mailman thrilled!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were'nt asked if you cared if the "john" were placed so close to your house. What would Angela do?:)

Anonymous said...

LOL Donna!!!!!!!