Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Double Trouble

Robin was supposed to have a tooth pulled today, but X-rays showed an infected tooth next to the chipped and cracked tooth. He was referred to an oral surgeon. They will extract both teeth this Friday morning. The same day Baylee goes in to have her tonsils removed.

So, being the perfect wife and mother that I am, I told Robin to leave the surgeon's office and go directly to Allison's house. After all, she already has everything set up for a soft diet: Jell-o, ice cream, and other pureed goodies. Why should both of us stock the kitchen with sick food, confine ourselves to the house, and care for two patients who are spitting blood? Allison's home is ready. Mine isn't.

I'm sure Allison will see the logic in this arrangement. It just makes perfect sense to have both patients in the same convenient place. I'll only be a phone call away. And if I don't answer right away, please leave a voice message. I'll be getting a manicure. Or pedicure. Or massage. Or all of the above. Robin, leave the checkbook at home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian is more than happy to nurse the patients back to health. I'm with you! Am I loosing my babysitter?

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL I can see it now, Robin staring at Baylee, Baylee staring at Robin. Both wondering who is going to talk first!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sure you won't be with any of your loved ones.......lol

Peggy said...

Your babysitter is still committed, I just plan to leave your house when Robin arrives there. Brian will have his hands full with two grumpies.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! So not only does Robin have to drive himself home, oopps I mean to Allison's house, after some heavy meds of his own, but you're leaving him with Baylee and Brian?? Too funny!!! Will Allison be joining you for the mani-pedi??

Allison, in 2 weeks when Mike has his rotator cuff surgery can I send him to your house....I'm expecting him to be a bit grumpy too (he already is over it). You can tell him that playing catch with Jude will get his rehab off to an early start!

Anonymous said...

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." THIS IS NOT ON MY FRONT DOOR!!!! Keep them where they belong, in their own home!

Peggy said...

Dee, I used to change your diaper. Please take Robin for the day! It's just as easy to handle one grumpy as two.

You're too funny.

Anonymous said...

LOL Dee!! What is on your front doormat? Something like you have the vaccum.....I don't remember the rest but it's funny.