Saturday, September 29, 2007

Soccer And Family Day





Robin and I headed out this morning to watch Camryn and her team play soccer. Camryn is a freshman this year and enjoying her first year in high school. She's also very active and joining the soccer team is one of her many activities.

Allison, Jude and Sophia showed up too, and Thomas and Jude were excited to see each other. We had a great time cheering on Camryn and her team and the weather was warm, but not unbearably hot. Camryn's team lost, but they played a good game. I've always believed that teammanship and enjoying the game is more important than winning. It's the actual playing and interacting with other people that is so much fun.

After the game, Allison's family and Robin and I met at a restaurant for Mexican food. Baylee had stayed home with Brian since she's still recovering from having her tonsils removed, but they joined us for lunch. It was good seeing Baylee's appetite, although it's not totally back to normal. I made up for it.

Outside the restaurant are a mechanical horse, horse and buggy, and a train. The three kids had fun on those. Yes, even Sophia got to ride and rewarded us with a smile. Sadly, the camera was in the car and forgotten about as we got caught up in the moment.

Overly full and satisfied, we all headed home. Robin and I had plans to take a good nap in a cool room, while Allison lamented that they would not be able to take one. Oh, I remember the days of having three little ones.

By the way, Allison, I awoke around 6:45 this evening. Sorry.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so the opposite of a nice male cat.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad y'all had fun. Camryn is so big, I remember her as a little girl. And she's gorgeous!

I love my naps too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a good day. Wasn't it a beautiful weekend!