Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What A Birthday!





This has been another fabulous birthday, as they all are, thanks to my family and friends. Robin served me coffee in bed in a birthday mug and the phone began ringing with birthday wishes and songs. I feel very blessed and very wealthy!

My first thrilling moment was to read what Angela wrote on her blog about my birthday and the video of Ashton and Juliet singing to me. I've played that video over and over again. It is so sweet. That was followed by a song from Baylee, and later one from Jude. Nothing is sweeter that small voices bringing joy into a life - namely, mine.

Allison brought the girls to my office and before coming inside she wrote on my car windows in hot pink. The pictures say it all. I received a few horns honking today as I drove home. Allison also brought me petit fours with roses on top. I enjoyed sharing them and Sophia and I took turns having a bite.

Allison also was a guest blogger on my blog this morning. I didn't know she remembered my password, but there it was, bigger than life. How sweet of both my daughters to be so thoughtful and free with their flattery. I'm honored to be their mother. And it's a privilege to be called Memaw by nine beautiful, precious children. I am, indeed, rich!

Robin and I had a wonderful dinner of prime rib and filet mignon, followed by apple pie with a scoop of ice cream on top. It was all very good. I am stuffed to the gills.

Thank you to all who have left comments, sent cards and e-cards, and messages through cyber space. I appreciate all of you and I wish to remind you that age is only a state of mind. Be ever thankful for every year God has given to you. I sure am.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison did a good job on the car!

And you look like one hot mama in that first picture!!

Again, Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

You are worth every good thing that comes your way. I'm blessed to have you in my life. Love you.

Anonymous said...

We are all so blessed to have you in our lives. You truly are a miracle to all of us. Love you soo much.....

Anonymous said...

BTW you did a great job Randee!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday girl friend or may I say sister#2, Donna is #1. Love ya alot!

Anonymous said...

Ok Peggy, entertain me since Angela's internet is down and according to Dee I (we) have no life. :)

angela | the painted house said...

The car looks great, Dee!