Sunday, January 20, 2008

Home Again





It was with a bit of sadness that we three friends ended our week in Bandera. The resort manager asked us to stay an additional three days but we felt we couldn't since we hadn't prepared our husbands for the extended stay, and Cheryl's flight home is on Monday. During off season the condo offers a "Bandera Bonanza" for its members. I've never taken advantage of it, but we are thinking of doing so next year (maybe indefinitely). The vacation package consists of a 10-day stay instead of the usual week. I could handle it easily.

After the car was loaded (thank you Robin for letting us use your Equinox) we headed "to town" to eat breakfast at the OST (Old Spanish Trail). Then we proceeded to bid a sad farewell to an indulging week of R&R. What fun we had! You'd think the three of us had been best friends forever. I felt so blessed sharing this time with my BFFs.

Patty and I stayed upstairs in a bedroom with twin beds. We opened all three windows at night and let the 30 degree temps invade our room. That was the best sleeping! You might have to be menopausal to appreciate this. Cheryl had the master bedroom downstairs and sprawled out in a king size bed and she, too, raised some windows. The only drawback was the toilet seat felt like an iceberg the next morning.

Today, Sunday, Cheryl and I went to Murphy (near Plano) to visit her nephew Marc. We toured his beautiful home and had a great visit with him. Marc treated us to lunch at Calabara where Cheryl and I continued the Bandera diet. Oh, it was yummy!

Something is wrong with my laptop and trying to correspond while in Bandera was frustrating. We suspect the problem is in the keyboard and were told that the repairs would almost cost as much as a new laptop. So, my buddy Cheryl insisted on buying me a new one. Her husband did some research and found a good deal on one at a chain electronics store. Patty went in on the laptop, too, for my birthday. She had planned to give me perfume and I asked that she contribute to the laptop instead. I asked the same of Robin, who was also giving me perfume. I must want a laptop badly to forfeit two bottles of perfume! The gift from my parents and Allison will also apply.

So, I'm sitting here typing on a brand new laptop and having no problems at all! I am so thrilled with it. My old one was two years old but used daily. It got more use than my stove. I must have worn it out. Thank you, Cheryl!!!!! And thank you to all who contributed to a wonderful birthday present!

Cheryl leaves tomorrow and it seems like she just got here. The time went by so fast and we are always saddened when it comes time for her to leave. But we are so thankful that we can slip away once a year and enjoy our friendship. The Bandera trip gets better every year and our excitement is greater as that special week approaches.

The pictures are of the three of us at breakfast before heading home, and our visit with Marc today. What a special young man he is!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice looking man too!

Glad you got what you NEEDED for your birthday! Got to keep you blogging!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are home safe and sound. I love all my moms!

angela | the painted house said...

All good things come to an end! Glad you all had fun! I would definitely take them up on the extra days next time!

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all had fun are back showering and wearing clean clothes again.

I envy your new laptop. While Mike's away I have to use this ancient and S.L.O.W. computer. It wouldn't even let me type here last night.