Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Grumpy & Lumpy

These are the two new names for our cats, Weasil and Parker. Weasil is Grumpy because - well, he's so grumpy. He growls and shows his anti-social self every time Parker gets in his line of vision. Parker, of course, is Lumpy, named for the big lump he makes under the comforter.

Robin enjoys naming the cats. Our outdoor cats have unique names, although not their real names at all, providing they actually have owners. The rusty colored cat is Rusty. Fraidy Cat is the one who is skittish around us. Zorro is the black cat. The other black cat was first named Clone after Zorro, but Robin changed it to George Cloney. We used to have Bernice, a playful black cat with an extra "toe" on each front paw. Because of her color, I named her Ebony. Somehow Robin got Bernice out of Ebony. Beats me.

I will still use the names Weasil and Parker, but I'm sure Robin will enjoy the nicknames he gave them. As much as I hate to admit it, the names fit both of them. Weasil is Grumpy and Parker is Lumpy and I'm totally in love with them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have other names for our 4 cats too. The funniest one, and most true one, is Spookie's nicknames...Ging for gingivitis or Hal for halitosis (not sure I spelled those correctly). Mike came up with these and he is dead on. When you see Spook start to yawn run for cover!

Anonymous said...

LOL Cristal. Puddy Tat hasn't got the bad breath with each yawn, but man, give her the "up the mainstream" cat food and :( She also uses that to her advantage when she doesn't want you in her area! She yawns, we run for cover

angela | the painted house said...

I think those names fit them well. Parker also answers to: Parkerito, Parkelheimer, Parks, Porker, Sweet Kitty...I'm sure he'll come running to "Lumpy" soon. Give him a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

A home just isn't a home without a pet. I'm glad you have your kitties.

Anonymous said...

We had a great name for Oliver... "Piece of Crap!"

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I should have added children. Children make a home!