Thursday, January 03, 2008

Introducing Parker


That's him, the lump under the comforter. He decided he liked Angela's old room and first went under the bed, then crawled under the comforter. I don't think the room holds a lingering scent of Angela. I think he's being a typical cat. You know, if I can't see you then you can't see me. Regardless of the lump in the bed.

Actually, I think Parker has done well for his first day in his new home. I introduced him to the litter box the minute we hit the door, showed him his food and water and within seconds he was rubbing against Robin and my legs. Then he did the disappearing act under the comforter and probably caught up on some much needed sleep after his stressful ordeal today. I'm sure he had jet lag.

Unfortunately, Weasil and Parker haven't come face to face yet. I'm sure Parker recognized a foreign cat smell at the litter box and Weasil sniffed all over the cat carrier that caged Parker half the day. Robin called the carrier a trailer, then called it a trailer park(er) home. Robin and I pulled out the welcome carpet and in time I feel Weasil will do the same or exercise some tolerance.

We're happy to have Parker and look forward to the day when he feels as comfortable here as we feel having him here.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the trailer park(er) home. That's funny.

I'm sending my 4 over to welcome him to Texas. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Robin is so clever.

Glad Parker made it there safely.

Anonymous said...

Cats crack me up. Robin cracks me up!

Peggy said...

Uh, Cristal, I think Parker feels welcome enough without 4 more felines hissing at him. But I do appreciate your generosity.

Yeah, Robin's a laugh a minute.

Anonymous said...

they are so funny when they aren't yours. The cat or the husband??? You pick.

angela | the painted house said...

That is an ol' tried and true Parker coping mechanism. He finds solace between the sheets.

I miss him. It was so sad last night picking up his dishes.

Thank you for giving him a good home.

Anonymous said...

LOL Dee!