Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Book!

Did you know I authored a third book? Well, neither did I! Imagine my shock when I unwrapped a gift this Christmas and saw a book with my name as the author. Angela had taken "Our Story" from my blog and made it into a book. I was overwhelmed with joy!

Our Story tells about the grief recovery journey that Cheryl and I traveled together. Our friendship has so many fascinating stories that I decided to do a series on it through the blog. I never expected to see it in book form, complete with pictures, and my name on the cover. I immediately asked Angela if she had sent a copy to Cheryl. She said Cheryl had received hers that very day and was so excited to talk to me about it. Cheryl was as thrilled as I am with the book. We both sat down and read it again. What is really special is that Angela included Cheryl's comments after each chapter.

I wish this picture could capture the real beauty of the book. My camera flash is reflected in the glossy book cover even though I snapped several times and at different angles. This was the best shot.

Thank you, Angela, for a keepsake Christmas gift that will always be cherished by Cheryl and me. You're a special daughter to your Mom and Mom II. We love you!

6 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

Angela, you couldn't have thought of a more perfect gift. They are definately Best Friends Forever and you are so special to have thought of this idea. I wish I had a knack for gift giving like that. Thank you for making your Mom and Cheryl so happy.

Donna said...

Wow!

Angela, you have such a talent for putting things together that mean so much. You amaze me. So thoughtful of you. I'm so glad your Mom and Cheryl met. They've been such a blessing to each other.

cheryl said...

Just read your blog. I felt the excitement all over again as though I just opened the package from Angela. I MEAN EXCITEMENT!!!! I think I have read it now from start to finish at least 10 times.

Angela thank you thank you thank you, and BB how wonderful that you documented such a "miracle" friendship..... 20 MORE DAYS....OH BOY OH BOY

LOVE YOU BOTH

angela | the painted house said...

Well, thank you! My mom did all the hard work, I just had to copy it--ha! Glad we have it in book form now--it is such a great story. Love you both and CAN'T WAIT to see all you ladies soon!

dee said...

It was a perfect gift! Angela has a knack of knowing what to buy for people! Note to mom - turn your flash off on your camera.

cristal said...

That's a great gift! Do the insides have pictures too? Or did Angela draw things?