Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Princess Tea Party

While Robin entertained Ashton and Callan, Juliet and I had a princess tea party. Unfortunately, Juliet was the only one with a princess gown. Memaw had to improvise.
First, we snapped a picture of our little princess in front of the tree. Those gifts will finally get opened this evening. Isn't she a doll? She's definitely princess material.

I hope my lacy blouse and pearls will qualify me as royalty. If not, I think Juliet is decked out enough for us both.

The granddaughters are loving the tea set Robin gave me one Christmas for this very purpose. Since Juliet lives out of state, this was our first time to enjoy a tea party together.

What's a tea party without something sweet to eat? We indulged in some cinnamon rolls while daintily sipping our tea (grape juice). This sweet young princess and the wizened old princess had a royal time!




7 comments:

Sherry said...

How cute -- and you even have a tiara, too! She loves playing like that. Angela and I played "princess" with her and we went to a ball, slept, ate, shopped, rode in a carriage. She can think up plenty to do. And all the while she's in her heels and all the accessories. What a girl. I know you're having Christmas tonight -- enjoy!!

cheryl d said...

You both looks sooooo Royal....What a little doll (you too BB). Can't wait to see you with all your grand daughters sipping "tea". Give them all a big kiss for me.

Cristal said...

What? Memaw doesn't have a princess dress?! But yes, your lacy blouse and tiara make up for it.

Juliet is so cute! I'm sure she enjoyed every minute! I think everything that comes out of her mouth starts with the word "princess". Just like everything Clayboy says starts with, "Hey, this new app on my iPhone...."

Donna said...

You both look great! I know she will remember that tea party forever! Making memories!

dee said...

I'm so glad you made the time to do that with her. Grandmas are always good at knowing what is important. I know it was a busy day for you. special time!

Jan Tucker said...

Precious Moments! Both of you look like a Queen for the Day. Building such sweet memories.

angela | the painted house said...

That is my girl! Thank you for spoiling her and keeping all three for the night. What a treat for all of us. :)