Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Robin!

The Birthday Boy is proudly displaying his German Chocolate Cake that he gets only once a year. They are time-consuming. One year I slipped in a German chocolate cake mix. He ate a few bites and asked what did I do differently this year. Well, I was lazy but it won't happen again. So I separated 8 eggs, melted chocolate, bought buttermilk that will be thrown out since neither of us will drink it. Ah, but Robin is worth the trouble.
I gave him a bottle of Versace Man, two bags of his favorite candy, a hooded jacket, and a new alarm clock with extra features, including the projection of the time on the ceiling. He wants steak and lobster for dinner so we are going out. I'm ordering steak. No lobster for me. He can have it all.
Happy birthday, Robin. I hope your wonderful, adoring, loving wife makes it all you dreamed it would be. I love you!

4 comments:

cheryl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN!!!!! Man, you are spoiled! I won't be telling Sid about all of the gifts and dessert, he will expect it from me....

Enjoy the lobster, sounds good, I haven't tasted that in a long time....

love you

angela | the painted house said...

Glad Mom didn't forget about your cake this year. I'm glad you joined the club last year because I was getting lonely in it all by myself. You know, she makes Ron homemade pierogies for HIS birthday, which are infinitely more laborious than german chocolate cake! I guess the rest of us know where we fall. :)

Hope you enjoyed your yummy cake, gifts, and dinner out! Happy birthday!

Jan Tucker said...

Looks like Robin is teaching the cat which button to hit for the snooze alarm. Don't worry, it will wake you up when the tummy rumbles and won't let you stay in bed too late!
Happy birthday, Robin.

Donna said...

Hope you had a good birthday! My sister is good at making special days special. Love, Donna