Monday, December 21, 2009

The Divas' Christmas Lunch

I'm finally getting around to posting the fabulous time the Texas Divas had with our Christmas lunch and gift exchange. Let's just say I have been steadily going crazy with shopping for a husband, 6 kids, 9 grandchildren, Robin's 2 kids and his twin grandchildren. I see the fear in Robin's eyes when he dares to say a word to me. This, too, shall pass (I hope).
We had three special guests join us for our Christmas lunch. This is Leslie, Donna's step-daughter from her former marriage. We were so glad to see her again and marvel at how she has grown up into such a lovely young woman. I hope she will join us again.

Deborah and Cathy were in the Christmas spirit and shared many laughs with us.

Paula P. brought her sister, Trish. We were excited to have her with us and hope she will make it a habit. There's always room for another Texas Diva. Welcome, Trish!

Cathy brought her childhood friend, Shar, who was visiting Cathy at the time. She was a real hoot, just the type we need in our group. She lives further away but we hope she will want to get crazy again with us whenever she is in town.

Patty and I are great childhood friends too. We had a special advantage since it was slumber party weekend. We shopped, wrapped, and laughed a lot. We missed three of our Divas: Jan, Darlene and Allison. Allison was on her way to Missouri for Christmas with her in-laws. Too many absences aren't allowed! Merry Christmas to a group of ladies who save each other a lot of money on therapists. I love you all!




5 comments:

Donna said...

I figured you were busy with Christmas shopping, wrapping, etc. Thanks for this post. It was so good to have Leslie, Trish and Shar with us. I think they should become regular Divas when they can.

DiamondDeb said...

Great pictures - had so so much fun! Yes we need to take pictures of our hot cars next time. Love ya all.

dee said...

leslie, I missed YOU!! and all the other divas. everyone looks great! sorry I missed it all

angela | the painted house said...

So good to see Leslie! Wish it could be in person. One of these days I'll join in!

Donna said...

Angela, we are saving a seat for you. Wouldn't that be a blast!