Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas at the Farm

Christmas with the family at the farm was wonderful. However, I'm dismayed that my pictures didn't turn out. Even though they are blurry, I'm posting the better ones. My daughters told me they weren't clear and I assured them they would upload perfectly. I was wrong. I also talked to Clayton about my eyesight and he assured me that family gets a good rate. Having my eyes checked and getting used to a new camera should solve the picture-taking problems.My mother and her sister, Dorothy, in their matching Christmas sweatshirts are proudly showing off Mother's hard work. Again, as she did Thanksgiving, she made ten pies, two cakes, and added her mouth-watering homemade fudge and peanut patties. Exercise should be on my list of New Year's resolutions!

Jude and I got into this picture but we can't take credit for the baked goods, except for the oatmeal cookies I made.

Same camera, clearer picture. Go figure. Robin and my mother are pretending to have this wonderful mother-in-law/son-in-law relationship. Actually, they get along well since they both are good at picking at each other.

Sophia, Callan, and Juliet getting ready to chow down. The cousins were so excited to be together. Thomas spent the night with Jude and Ashton even though the household was functioning on little sleep due to Allison's nanny job and Angela traveling all night. It was great having my baby home for Christmas.

These are my handsome nephews, Ryan and Troy. They belong to my brother Dennis and his wife, Cindy. I appreciate the pose since guys aren't into getting their pictures taken. Thanks, guys!
Tuesday I will finally have all my kids and grandkids together at my house for Christmas. We always have four Christmases at different times to make sure everyone is included. The day doesn't matter. Having family together does.

4 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

Your Mom (the Energizer Bunny) amazes me with her Better Homes and Garden homemade pies. Looks like they should come do a shoot from her kitchen!
Absolutely love Juliet's picture. What a little doll.

dee said...

That pic of Robin and Nanaw is good B/c I took the picture. You'll get the hang of the new camera! great pics!

Peggy said...

Jan, Mother has been featured in a local newspaper holding a loaf of her bread. I don't know how she still does it!

Yes, Juliet is a doll, a princess, and a little lady. So polite.

Donna said...

Peggy, I meant to tell you that you really looked good yesterday...so little time to visit.

Thanks for taking the pictures. I think I did ok on the pic of you and Jude in the kitchen with Mother.