Thursday, June 11, 2009

What If.......

You were driving down the road and saw me being arrested and shoved into a police car? What possible crime could little ole me have committed? This is the question I posed to some of my family and friends. The answers were surprising, funny, true, and downright sweet. I want to share the answers here.

Angela: "Shoplifting perfume." Ah, she knows me well. My 160 bottles I have now will never be enough. It's my passion and passions have to be satisfied.

Cristal: "Stealing uteruses and stuffing them to hang on walls as trophies." This is an inside joke, a crazy story about my pickled uterus. Of course Cristal would think of this one.

Allison: "Indecency." Hmmm. At my age? I think I'm more apt to swallow this bod in sweats than expose anything. But I guess there are different forms of indecency to ponder.

Joe: "A hate crime or prostitution." Again, at this age? Maybe a hate crime.

Donna: "Talking back to a cop." Yes, I see that happening. I seem to remember a cop telling me I had time to stop before the light turned red, instead of plowing through it. I told him if I had, my kid would have gone through the windshield. Of course, this was before seat belt laws and car seats. I have been known to mouth off.

Bob: "I couldn't answer your crime question." I like that. He couldn't think of a single reason why I'd be arrested. Let's keep it that way.

Jan: "No idea. Maybe failure to pay the ticket for turning right on red?" See, I do have a thing about red lights. But I did pay that ticket and sent a nasty letter with it. If it hadn't been a red light camera, I probably would have talked back to the cop.

Paula P: "Driving under the influence of Peanut M&Ms." I love this! She's caught on to another passion of mine.

Cheryl: "BB, I honestly have to say it was a false arrest." Is that sweet or what? My friend who knows me so well, is at a loss as to why someone like me would be arrested. I think she's being kind because she does know a whole lot about me. Stay away from Bob, Cheryl. He's clueless and that's a good thing.

Rita: "It was definitely a mistaken identity." Oh, Rita, I love you! That you can say that about me after being married forever to my brother means a lot. Will you be my judge?

If I asked this question of myself, I'd have to agree with most of you. You know me well. However, I'll leave the indecency and prostitution to someone else. And I hate housework, but is that a crime?

5 comments:

Donna said...

Cool blog. It is always interesting to see how people view us. I was afraid to forward that blog to my friends/family. I'm not prepared for what they might say. You are brave!

Jan Tucker said...

Peggy, you are a hoot. I love seeing the next blog post for what you have on your mind. If you can't be arrested, can Robin please handcuff you to the chair so you will FINISH THAT NEXT BOOK, Please!!!
Nevermind, if handcuffs are involved, that may give him other ideas. Ha Ha Love you friend and this is ONE MORE subliminal message about that book, so now I will get off my soapbox!

cheryl said...

This was a good post. I sent that question off to my brother and HE STILL HASN'T ANSWERED!!! If I ever do get arrested, I won't be calling him to bail me out!
I'd come get you any day! I'd make the judge give you house arrest at Bandera, of course with me on 24/7 guard duty!

Peggy said...

BB, I'd love a house arrest in Bandera with you on guard duty! Just tell me the crime and I'll do it!

Jan, I'm trying hard to battle writer's block. You're right about the handcuffs.

dee said...

cristal, she has her own!