Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rock-A-Bye Baby

Have you ever wondered where nocturnal creatures sleep during daylight hours? I have, but then I'm easily amused. With the barrage of raccoons and opossums that visit our back yard to steal cat food, I have often scanned the huge trees to see if I can spot a sleeping bulk on the limbs. They can't just appear out of nowhere when the sun sets.Robin was washing the car today and came inside to tell me to come see where the baby opossum sleeps. We've seen this little guy on numerous occasions. We're actually watching him grow up. Do you see him in the tree? He's found a little knothole for his cradle.

Now do you see him? I've always said opossums are hideous creatures but this picture is downright cute.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Yeah, it is alot cutter than the one Daddy held outside the car while he was driving. Remember that? Was he bringing the critter home to you?

Jan Tucker said...

Yep, he's playing possum! Only a face a Mother could love.

dee said...

Baylee loved the picture. She gave it a "ahhh sweet"!