Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ashton!

Ashton is 6 today! He's been counting the days until his birthday. He decided, when asked, that he wanted money instead of gifts. He was saving to buy a new Nintendo. He called me two days ago and said he'd finally had enough money to shop and he was on top of the world.When I talked to Ashton today his Mom took control of his Nintendo so I could have a few minutes of his attention. I was thrilled to know he enjoyed his gift. I was also impressed that Angela showed him the value of waiting for all checks to arrive before shopping, teaching him about cashing a check in the bank, and delaying gratification. And Ashton, is a fast learner.

I heard he had a full day and was totally immersed in his game and all birthday festivities. He even said he felt different at 6. Growing older has that effect. Happy birthday, sweet boy! I'm so proud of you and love you very much!

6 comments:

cheryl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHTON..You are so special and the best gift ever is all the love you receive from so many people.

Hope you had a great day and A HIGH SCORE!!!! (I have been playing Mario Kart!)

Love you

Jan Tucker said...

Happy '6th' birthday. How neat to share your special day on Father's Day this year. Won't be long before you will be showing off a smile without all those pretty baby teeth!

aunt dee said...

we love you ashton!

Donna said...

So glad you got what you wanted for your birthday! Have fun with it, but make sure you save some time to give your sweet Mommy a hug! Love you!

angela | the painted house said...

Thank you, Memaw and ladies! We had a good, full day! Ashton is definitely at the age to wallow in the gloriousness of birthday excitement. So much fun!

ashton said...

Thanks Memaw I have been waiting for my 6th birthday.