Sunday, June 07, 2009

Candice, The High School Graduate!

What a milestone: Candice, my first grandchild, has graduated high school. I can't believe she is this grown up. I can't believe my son has a child this big. I can't believe I have traveled all these years with them and in such a short length of time. The graduate with her family. What a beautiful group! This was a very proud moment for each of us.
Candice's graduating class boasted almost 600 students. I was pleased to see her cap and gown in red, just like Memaw's was.
This picture is extra special to us because Allison has one of her own graduation from college and she was holding her little niece, Candice. Fortunately, Allison doesn't age. But Candice has changed a bit from the sweet toddler in her Aunt Dee's arms.

The above two pictures are of Candice with both sets of grandparents. There was a lot of pride going around.
Two lovely sisters sharing the moment. Camryn will miss seeing her older sister at school next fall.

Thomas has always been smothered with sisterly love. He's a lucky little guy.
We all met afterwards for Mexican food to celebrate Candice and her accomplishments. It took two tables, but we were able to fit all 15 of us close by.
Proud Mama with her two daughters.
Larry and Darlene, or better known as Pa and Meme.

Candice's aunt Lynette and her cousin Sophia.
Thomas had fun sharing a table with cousins Jude and Baylee, and their Dads, Brian and Ron.

I think Dads should always be seated at the table where the kids will be dining.

I met my match with Sophia. She can eat chips and salsa as quickly as I can.
Congratulations, Candy Girl! So much is yet ahead of you and I know you will make some thrilling decisions about your future. We are so proud of you and love you so much!

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Candice!!! I am so happy to see these photos and feel like I was kind of there, kind of! Wish I could have been. I'm excited for you and your future that lies ahead.

cheryl said...

Congratulations Candice! Such a big world out there with big decisions to make. You have all the qualities that will make you be the best you can be. I am so proud of you.

Of course I have to add, seems like yesterday, you were so small!!!

God bless you.

dee said...

congrats candy! Baylee said to me tonight, "candice's dress was so pretty"

Jan Tucker said...

I was so excited this morning to see your graduation pictures. You are lucky to have a Memaw that is a shutterbug like I am to capture all your special 'Kodak' moments! Congratulations and best of luck in all you do. You are beautiful and smart!

Donna said...

Wish I could have been there AND at your Nannaw's. I'm very proud of what you have accomplished, Candice. Good luck with the next phase of your life. Keep focused on what you want. You are beautiful, but you have even more than that going for you. You will do well. Love you!