Friday, June 19, 2009

Heart Attack Survivor

When Allison asked me last month if all three kids can spend the night with us on June 19, I told her, "that's the one year anniversary of my heart attack. Do you want me to have another one that day?"

Actually, having Jude, Baylee and Sophia here on this day is a true celebration of a life that was spared. I would have missed so much if I hadn't pulled through. So I'm honored to share this day with three of my nine grandchildren and praise God for giving me another year of life.

6 comments:

cheryl said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Tucker said...

Glad you are still here to enjoy building memories. Look at pictures from a year ago and see how much the children have changed. I've decided we aren't getting older, our children/grand-children are! Ha Ha

dee said...

Amen! The kids had a great time. Jude confessed to waking you up. "but I wanted pancakes!!!!"

Peggy said...

I didn't tell you about Jude to get him in trouble. I told you because it was funny.

Donna said...

I too am thankful you came through it. Take good care of yourself. I love you very much!!!!

Debbie said...

Hello....From personal experience I can say that it's possible to have a long life ahead of you. Don't be afraid to push yourself. It is amazing what a human heart can handle. Best of Luck

Debbie