Tuesday, June 09, 2009

GNO - Paula P's Birthday

The Texas Divas had a blast today. Several of us pitched in and took Paula shopping for her birthday gifts. She'd spotted a pink pitcher at a store awhile back and it was still there when we got there today. She got it and some costume jewelry and other goodies at another store.Paula looked wonderful in the birthday tiara. Also, we were all sporting Diva pins, compliments of Patty.

As always, we had a fun visit with lots of laughter. Not only did we linger at our table long after the Cookie Monster was devoured, but we stood in the parking lot and continued the fun. This is the first of many birthday celebrations Paula will enjoy. Her actual birthday is June 16 and she is so worthy of all the attention and recognition. Paula is one of the most thoughtful women I've ever met and a big heart to match.
We missed two of our Divas, Deb and Paula F., whose schedules are getting too hectic to attend GNO on a regular basis. We look forward to the time when our lives get back to normal.
One highlight of the day was of me sprawled on the sidewalk outside a store. For some reason, I didn't see an obvious curb and jammed my toes into it and down I went. I fell so hard that it busted open my sack and broke one of my purchases. Now, at 11:00pm, the soreness has set in and I'm limping and my big toe is swollen. Tomorrow, my hand, leg and arm will join in, I'm sure. Just call me graceful.
Happy birthday, Paula! We so enjoyed our day and evening with you and hope your other celebrations are equally fun for you. You are so special.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gals really know how to do birthdays Texas Style meaning a "Big Way" - it was wonderful to be on the receiving end this time - Patty and Peggy, thank you so much for coming and getting me, presenting me with two beautiful cards and a ton of money that you two along with Donna and Randee chipped in! Jan brought me a heavenly candle that I just love and Cathey (who I just met last month) gave me some exquisite champagne flutes - everyone had a card for me - some were so sweet and others like I would give someone but we all got such a good laugh out of everything - Randee even made me a homemade card that I will cherish as I don't know how the time was found for her to go over there and concentrate on making a card without the children - what a trooper! The shopping was great - I got a gorgeous pink crystal pitcher with the money they gave me plus a few things from Sam Moom's and then dinner and dessert on top of that!! What wonderful women you are and I am so glad to have each one of you in my life and my heart
I always look so forward to our diva outings and don't know how I'll ever be able to thank you enough for the love and compassion you have always shown me, Love, Paula

Anonymous said...

TD Ladies;
Another 3 hour marathon of laughter and stories not to be repeated on this blog. Peggy, the book must be written w/all our characters names changed to protect the innocent. Just name me Lolita, President of the TX SRU - Ft Worth division. Yes, Donna Mae, you can live in Ok and still be a TX SRU!
Paula, enjoy your multiple birthday celebrations - 65 never looked so good or skinny!
I look forward to Donna Mae actually becoming 56 and seeing you all again.
Cathy

Donna said...

Glad we were able to help celebrate your birthday Paula! You are a very special lady and I'm glad Deb brought you into our group.

I'm sorry Peggy about your fall....we are sisters:)

Cathy, I told you your uh oh wouldn't show. So glad you've joined us, and we now have sparkling pendants....Thank you Patty!