Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Ron!

My firstborn has reached 40. This blows me away. Has it really been forty years since I first looked into those blue eyes? I just knew that had to be the prettiest baby I'd ever seen in my life. But he's no longer pretty. He's downright handsome!What do I love and admire about Ron? For one thing, he's loyal. If he cares for you, he is there for you. He will never turn his back on you. As the pictures here show, he loves his family very much. And there was never a time when he was too big or too old to hug his Mom, Nanaw, or his aunts.
I love his sense of humor. He has cracked me up on numerous occasions. He can imitate anyone's speech or walk, and get you rolling in the floor. Our big family is known for its sense of humor and Ron got a big dose of it himself.

These two women have always loved those tight hugs of his. He knows how to make us feel special.
I love Ron for all he has done to help me with the business. He can manufacture perfect parts. Give him a blueprint and he is on it. His Grandfather called him a genius. I'm inclined to agree. I thank him for sharing the daily grinds and struggles with me. Did I say he was loyal?

I love Ron for the three oldest grandchildren he has given to me. They are beautiful, sweet, and loving and he set the standard for the six that followed. I love him for being an active and involved father, and a loving uncle to his nieces and nephews. I love Ron because he is Ron, and he was the first one to ever call me Mom and I love being his Mom.
Happy birthday, Ron. When I return from my cruise, I will cook your favorite foods, and celebrate with you the 40 years I have been blessed to have you. Just know that my love and thoughts will be with you on your big day. I love you dearly.


8 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

Happy "BIG 40" birthday Ron. Hope you enjoy all the teasing you will get for reaching this milestone. I'm convinced Peggy and I aren't getting older, our children are!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday old man! If you read this blog earlier in the day, look at it again, I added something special at the end. Love you big bro!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom and Ran.
Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ron!! Wow, you're over the hill now!

That video is so cute!!

Does Sophia have raspy voice like Baylee?

angela | the painted house said...

Gosh, you are old!!!! Happy birthday, big bro! I love that photo of you and Donna--so sweet. We love you!!!

Great video of the kids, Dee.

Anonymous said...

The kids say it all, WE LOVE YOU RON, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

I'm late in wishing you a happy birthday, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I love that pic of you and me too!

Love you and you were the cutest baby EVER!

Anonymous said...

"Someone" obviously never saw me as a baby.....:)