Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!

It's always a pleasure to honor Cheryl on her birthday. We continue to enjoy an amazing friendship that only deepens with time. She not only is one of the best friends anyone could have but she coined the word friend. What a privilege to live in her heart.I've always loved this picture of Cheryl, even though she's in Piggly Wiggly. It's a Bandera trip and you can see the pure, unadulterated joy in her face!
The reason for this big smile is that she just arrived at the airport for our annual Bandera trip. Those huge grins are impossible to control. How I wish it were today!

Allison is smiling because she is with her two moms. Cheryl adopted all my kids and enjoys her role as Mom II. She has such a big, welcoming heart.

These smiles are all about three friends about to hit the road for Bandera. Life is grand.
BB, I wish we were celebrating your special day in our special place, Bandera. We will get there, hopefully in October. But even though I'm not with you to treat you to lunch, or throw a few dice with birthday coffee, or laugh ourselves silly, you know you are in my thoughts and my wish for a super day is real. Happy birthday! I love you, friend!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl!! I hope you're having an awesome day!!

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, Mom II! I hope your walk on the beach was blissful. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sister #2!!!! See we have all adopted you! Wish we could celebrate with you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love you Cheryl! Happy birthday, I hope you had a great one!