Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bon Voyage!

This Sunday is the day Patty and I have anticipated for a few months now. We set sail in our snooty luxury suite, complete with a balcony, for a glorious week at sea. We even have VIP check-in. I'm tooting Patty's horn here. Those who know me and my business well, are aware of the slow and lean times, and it's obvious that Patty is treating us both to this needed vacation. Actually, Patty and her husband. Dave offered us a cruise as a Christmas gift to Patty. Gotta love that man.

We took a day off and shopped for summer clothes, flip-flops, and treated ourselves to a spa pedicure. Our toes are now sporting a French pedicure. It's a good neutral look that will go with our extensive cruise wear. I say that tongue in cheek, as we aren't packing for the formal nights. Been there, done that, and the food isn't that great in the dining room. Who needs formals when we have a big balcony, books, and room service?

We will be stopping in Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel. This is the same ship and route we took two years ago, but we expect a to have a better time since I haven't just had surgery. Patty keeps telling me to stay well.

There will be a few blog posts that will appear here in my absence. I hope you will check them out. I will share pictures when we return. And, yes, we're excited!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm jealous! Enjoy yourselves!!! I'll be checking in Dee!

Jan Tucker said...

Oh, I wish I had friends with money to spoil me too! Hope you have a wonderful time. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

im jealous to.... hope you have a great time.... patti

angela | the painted house said...

Relax and enjoy! Sounds just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too. I've been wanting to go on a cruise. Have fun!!

I'll be anticipating the picture of you on top of the rock climbing wall in your bikini.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. Donna I and I will keep in close contact so we don't get lonely. Randee, now I want to see some blogging and pictures of the kids!!!!

See how we cover ourselves in your absense. You make such a difference in our lives.

love you