Friday, February 06, 2009

Happy Birthday, Patty!

Patty has finally caught up with me in age! She's a walloping 15 days younger than me and I try not to hold it against her. Happy birthday, Patty!Although these two teenage girls might not resemble us today, Patty and I are still teenagers at heart. And still friends. We've been friends for a long, long time, dating back to the 6th grade. Do the math.
I have Patty to thank for getting me out of my funks. She encourages me to go shopping with her, stop and smell the roses, and many shared meals, talks and laughter. I would like to say I match her energy level, but I'd be stretching the truth. How this bubbly little lady who is so full of life puts up with my gloom and doom is beyond me. I'm just glad she does.

I truly believe it is our friends who keep us young. Nothing is better than being with someone who enjoys your company, accepts you as is, lends a helping hand and a listening ear, and is willing to take all the twists and turns life throws out at us. Patty and I are definitely in it for the long haul.


These two divas were photographed on a cruise a few years back and I will be able to share similar pictures in a few weeks. We are hitting the high seas again! Patty always books us in the finest room with the largest balcony, and is good about making sure room service arrives at the appointed times (which is at least twice a day). This will be a wonderful extension to our birthdays.
Patty, my hope for you is that this special day is everything you want it to be. I know your husband and sons will celebrate with you. I hope that I, also, can bring you some of the joy you have always brought into my life. I love you, friend. Happy birthday!



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patty!! Have a great day and will see you soon. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Have some cake!!!!!

Happy birthday Patty! I've known you and DiamondDeb since I was in the 3rd grade. That's about 47 years. Wow - we haven't changed a bit:) Have a fun birthday! I love you!

DiamondDeb - where's my cruise?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patty! I love ya girl.

Maybe all the Divas need to join you next year. Wouldn't THAT be a blast!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be great. Sorry my ship hasn't come in. Well maybe it did but I spent the money.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patty! I only know you via Peggy's blog. But I hope you're having a wonderful day!!

And maybe if Donna would quit hogging the birthday tiara you might get to wear it on y'all's next outing.....

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, Pat! Thank you for being such a good friend to Mom! Have fun on your cruise!

Jan Tucker said...

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday, Dear Patty...
Happy birthday, toooooo youuuuuu.

Gee, I hope you were singing! Have a wonderful day and thank you for being Peggy's friend.

Anonymous said...

Deb...the old ship. I love you anyway. See all of you later this month. Cristal, I promise to bring the tiara! You need to be there too. When is your birthday?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT....I sent you a ecard, hope I had the right address. Have a great time on the cruise.

Anonymous said...

When is the cruise?? Have fun!

Donna, my birthday is March 6....coming up!!

Anonymous said...

Cristal, you'd better be at our next gathering! Ok ladies.....we have another recruit and her birthday is March 6th. We don't have one in March yet. So let's get her motivated to join us!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I'm in! That would be sooo much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Well you two were certainly cuties when you were kids but you have both grown into such beautiful women - inside and out - what a blessing in my life to have all the new divas come into it but I gotta tell you, now that you all are in my life, I ain't never gonna let you go!! Patty, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and you two will be the ladies that all of us aspire to become - career cruisers with room service!! Have a wonderful cruise - can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!! Paula P

Anonymous said...

Ok you heard it here....Cristal is joining us. That will be great! Are you anything like Clayton? I just askin:)