Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Blessed Evening

Allison and I joined our Bible study group last Saturday evening and left with our hearts and bellies full. Sharon had a delicious spread, with the help of the wonderful ladies in our group, and we celebrated my birthday and the special 5-year anniversary of Sharon as a cancer survivor. And what a delightful group to celebrate with!Sharon leads out in our study and this time she wove together our study materials with my Dad's life, and his life living on in me. It was comforting. It was uplifting. Sharon possesses a special gift for teaching and knows just the right words to use. I've never heard anyone get the message of God across as beautifully as she does. You can't help but walk away with a firm belief that you are a treasure of God's. I'm thankful that she shares that gift with us.
The group presented me with a lovely friendship book and they signed their names inside. Sharon, also, left meaningful messages throughout the book. And they gave me a pretty magnet with the reminder, "The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you." I will claim those words often.
Thank you, ladies and friends, for your love and support during a rough time for Allison and me. You are precious to us.

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

I'm so glad you had this time together! Sharon is such a beauty inside and out!

Anonymous said...

I like the promise on the magnet. It's very comforting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very positive evening. I too find that message on the magnet comforting.