Sunday, February 01, 2009

Divas, Chocolate, Gifts, Therapy

Being with the Texas Divas again was like a shot in the arm for all of us. We haven't been together since November due to the tragedies that hit our group. Deborah lost her brother, and Donna, Allison, and I lost our Dad/Pepaw. Being together with all the love and support felt great. We got down to business and celebrated both Christmas and my birthday. It was fun seeing who had drawn our names for the Christmas exchange. We all received lovely gifts and Paula F. had generously supplied each of us with a Christmas bag stuffed with lots of goodies.All this loot are my birthday gifts. I had a ball opening each one! I got lots of candles, which I love, and many other things that had been on my wish list. What a generous and thoughtful bunch of women!
My beautiful and sweet Allison baked one of my favorite cakes, the Texas Sheet Cake. What could be better than Divas and chocolate? The collective moans were heard all around the table as we each dipped our forks into the decadent treat. I was thankful that I only had to blow out two candles. Back home, I magically arranged the numbers to read "56" and asked Patty, "Did you ever think 56 would look good?" Then, my husband who has an annoying habit of ruining the moment, transformed the numbers to read "65" and "95". I think I'll settle for 59.

These beautiful Divas are Donna, Jan, and Allison. Don't we look happy to be together?


The two beautiful and hilarious Paulas. What special ladies!



And finally, the birthday girl has the honor of being pictured with dear friends Patty and Deborah. This was a day the doctor had ordered.

14 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, I'm glad you got some girl time and celebrated your birthday right. But, I will say, I didn't need to hear about the collective moans! Isn't anything private anymore? Sheesh. :)

Anonymous said...

Why aren't there any nuts on the one side of the cake?

I hate nuts and coconut but every year my family gets me something with one or both in them. They say they like them so I should. But ummmm, isn't it MY birthday??

Glad y'all had a fun time! You really needed it!

Anonymous said...

Cristal - I hate nuts and coconut too. You need to join us soon. What a great day with the girls. It couldn't get any better than this.

Anonymous said...

Cristal.....please join us! You'd fit right in!!!

Yes, it felt good to be together again. I'm looking forward to celebrating Deb's and Patty's birthdays next month.

Sissy, I'm sorry I forgot the tiara:(

Anonymous said...

I told Peggy, I wanted a picture with the Tiara.....Looks like another great time. Glad you got out to celebrate and relax for a while. Once again Happy Birthday BB. Wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, we will reinact the crowning of Peggy when we get together again. Please come back so we can have you join our group. There is room for #9 and #10 Cristal and Cheryl!

Anonymous said...

Sure Donna...you "fogot the tiara". You're just like the leaving beauty queen not wanting to crown the new one. haaaa

I want to come so bad! I MAY be getting a new job so I might be able to join y'all now. I'll know tomorrow or Wed about the job.

So was the side of the cake without the nuts for you DiamondDeb??

Anonymous said...

oooops, that should be "forgot".

Anonymous said...

Yes the un-nutty side was for Deb. Randee thinks of everything and everyone.

Crystal, let us know about your job. Good luck!!!!

Jan Tucker said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I'm so glad to see you blogging again.

Anonymous said...

don't our turkey necks look slim? Glad you enjoyed the cake. hang on the to numbers, we'll need them for the others. I guess I have a task to make a cake from now on. I'll need that 9 next year.

Who of the Divas are brave enough to advertise their age for all to see?

Anonymous said...

You can use the 59 for Deb and Patty. Deb turns 56 and Patty turns 59. You see I have no problem advertising their ages....but they are next you know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Donna - I already don't want another birthday.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Deb, but we'd like for you to have another one. So there!