Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Sleepover at Memaw's

I had plenty of quality time with three of my grandchildren when Brian and Allison went to dinner and an Eagles concert. Jude, Baylee, and Sophia were equally excited to have a sleepover at Memaw's house.
Jude and Sophia camped out in the den with sleeping bags, which Sophia giggled over every time she crawled in - and out - of the bag. Baylee wanted to sleep with me because I'd told her that Parker always sleeps at the foot of the bed. She was happy to see that he was still there when she awoke this morning.

Breakfast was, of course, funny face pancakes with strawberries on the side. And Jude, of course, shed his clothes the minute he walked through the door. How he stays warm in a pair of underwear I will never know.


Doesn't Sophia look darling in the birthday outfit from Aunt Angela? She was a little doll, if not a busy one. I caught her throwing quarters into the kitchen trash. I dug out two and I'm about to sift through discarded cans of smelly cat food and coffee grounds so see if there's a small fortune in quarters from the slot machines. Little stinker.
Robin was hunting this weekend and a little worried about me keeping the kids by myself. I told him it might be easier with him gone since he gets them so riled up and plays on their level. I was right. It went as smooth as banana pudding. Having one less kid around is always quieter.

Trash update: When I sifted through the trash I recovered 4 more quarters. I'd hoped that nasty adventure would have produced enough to make it worth the mess. Oh, but Sophia had fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your such a good memaw, but I know you enjoyed every minute, not to mention the kiddo's. They are so good and so loving.

Did you sleep in Randee? You deserve it, after all that's where the kids learned all that love.

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is did Randee get any?

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVVVEEEE You memaw!!!! You are the best. We stayed up late and we slept in. WOW what a great time. I have only spent one other night without any kids. This is the first time without 3 kids. And donna, WE did have some good quality time together. Thanks again mom. Let's do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

So Dee, will there be another addition to the family? :)

Jude is a typical man....taking his clothes off and walking around in his underwear.

Sophia has gotten so big and she's so cute.

And that sounds just like Baylee...wanting to sleep in the bed with the cat! Tell her at my house we have at least 1 cat that sleeps with us sometimes 2. And if anyone sleeps in the other bedroom you get to sleep with the other 2 cats. Can you imagine sleeping with all four of them? ugh.

angela | the painted house said...

Memaw, you are a trooper!