Sunday, August 09, 2009

Happy Birthday, Thomas!

Thomas, my first handsome grandson, is celebrating his 8th birthday today. Activities for today include meeting friends and family at Chuck E. Cheese for food and fun. He's already done a lot of celebrating, which makes birthdays all the more special. He enjoyed a 12-hour day with his Dad at Six Flags. He rode his first roller coaster and there was no stopping him after that. He was hooked.Here he is sharing a birthday moment with his Mom and Dad, who love this guy so much!
Robin and I took Thomas shopping a week ago and he chose all Hot Wheel toys. The boy has a need for speed!

Thomas usually asks for cupcakes instead of the traditional homemade ice cream I make for their birthdays. This time he wanted chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and chocolate sprinkles. Oh yes, the boy is my grandson!

Robin introduced Thomas to Geodes awhile back and Thomas was fascinated by the crystals inside. He wanted another one for his birthday and quickly hugged Papa when he received it.

Here I am getting Thomas juice. The grandkids know that when I begin slumping that I need some energizing juice. In this instance, it's Thomas juice that is putting the spring back into my step. Nothing like a Thomas hug to make me happy.
Happy birthday, Thomas. You have always been a joy, a lover, a daredevil, and a BOY through and through. And I've always been proud to have you in the family and I love you very much.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

So Handsome (but soooo cute) HAPPY BIRTHDAY THOMAS.....

Donna said...

Oh I would have loved to be at Six Flags with those two handsome boys!!!! I would have ridden the roller coaster too! Happy Birthday Thomas!!! Love you!

dee said...

happy birthday thomas! we had such a great time yesterday, thanks inviting us!

Jan Tucker said...

Happy birthday, Thomas. Can't believe you didn't want M & M's on top. Wait a minute, that's what you can do for Memaw's next birthday!! You will have to make it a BIG cake and you can make
"60" in M&M's for the decorations, not candles!! LOL
Glad you had a fun day at Six Flags.

angela | the painted house said...

He is just so cute! Hope it was a good one, Thomas!