Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baylee's Birthday Party

We had a delightful girls outing today for Baylee's 5th birthday. We shopped at the American Girl Boutique & Bistro and enjoyed lunch there too. Baylee's now the proud owner of a doll who looks just like her, compliments of her parents.
Sophia loved all the dolls and after I took a picture of her with one, she wanted many more. She would hug them to her and strike a pose.

I'm teased a lot about being an inept photographer, but I am proud to announce that I took this picture of Thomas jumping off the diving board. Baylee's celebration also included swimming, cake and ice cream.

The dads, uncle and brothers joined us after the girlie shopping was done for a dip in the pool.


Guess who made Baylee's birthday cake since her mom is working full time on little sleep? Her Daddy! She wanted a strawberry cake and Brian whipped up one for her in no time. It was actually delicious. Who said only Moms bake cakes?

The girls are encouraged to have lunch with their dolls. If you didn't bring one, they have dolls you can borrow and they come with little chairs so they can sit beside the girls. Such a cute idea.

Jennifer and Jean brought their daughters for the fun outing. There's nothing like a girls day out.

Sophia was thrilled to share lunch with a guest doll. She hugged it a lot and we were afraid there would be tears when they said goodbye, but Sophia was a big girl. She was content to just let us know she wants one for her birthday.

Avery is with her doll while we were waiting for lunch to be served. They really favor!

Kristin and Baylee were all smiles as they blended in with the other dolls at the table.


The four young ladies paused for a picture, then it was back to shopping.

Sophia was smitten by the smaller baby dolls in their cute cribs, swings, and high chairs.
It was definitely a wonderful day in wonderland for all of us today. It was the perfect way to celebrate Baylee's big day. I can't wait to see Baylee and her doll in their matching pink shirts and denim pants!

5 comments:

dee said...

that was so much fun and thanks so much for the yummy ice cream - that hit the spot. Thanks for coming with us. Guess where Sophia wants to go birthday shopping????

Donna said...

Oh my! I missed a great outing! I could have borrowed a child and come along:(

Happy birthday Baylee! Love the doll! I love you too! Glad you had a great birthday.

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, I know a little girl who would have loved to come to that party! And swimming, too? That's a way to celebrate. Wish we could have been there, too!

cheryl said...

What fun! A perfect place for a little birthday girl (and big ones too)

I am like Sophia, I always went for the baby dolls.

And then swimming and memaws ice cream! Can't think a better way to spend a birthday.....

oh, and let's not forget dad's birthday cake. That's pretty special.....

love you

Jan Tucker said...

What a fun time. Happy belated birthday. Maisye and I caught up on all the posts since I was gone to Mena, AR from 8-23/9-1. I did remember to tell you Happy Birthday on Facebook on your Real birthday! Love the doll! Bet she is as sweet as Bailey is and will love animals too. Bailey, get Momma to show her MY ZOO on Facebook. I think that should be a late present from me to start your own!!